1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about your games against Alexander...

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Daniel D, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Daniel D

Daniel D Chieftain

Have you seen Alexander forge alliances with the city states in any of your games?

I've drawn him as an opponent regularly and in every game he goes to war with the city states that surround him. I can understand the AI playing him as aggressive, but it feels like he doesn't know what his own UA is.

2. beestar

beestar subdeity

I haven't played that many games, but in my recent Standard/King game, Alex conquered his continent, wiping out both his AI neighbours and eventually all the city-states. Basically his early city state wars resulted in more and more city states entering perma-war against him.

Agreed that this doesn't exactly play to his own strengths ...

3. valamas

valamas Prince

I just finished a game with 4 civs on two continents. Towards the middle of the game we had each eliminated our rival on our respective continents. I then witness Alexander take over every City state on his continnent.

4. bryanb2007

bryanb2007 Chieftain

The last three games I've played, I have had Alex as a close neighbor. I agree it seems like all he does is kill City States, not really taking advantage of his UA.

5. DaveGold

DaveGold Emperor

Agreed. He kills city states.

6. DalekDavros

DalekDavros Prince

Given standard game AI programming techniques, it's likely that he doesn't.