1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Question: Bonus on founding Buildings

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by Sissyphos, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Sissyphos

Sissyphos Chieftain

I was wondering what happens to certain bonuses you get by "foundaing a building" if you get a building by conquering a city, switching religions or by world wonders.
    For example: Do you get the +1 stab from Castles if you have the Krak des Chevaliers? Or do you get the Cathedrals for the Polish UHV if you change from Catholic to Protestant?

Thanks for replys

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

These are mainly calculated when the building is built. So no issues at all with state religion changes for example, as the already built temples and cathedrals are stored.
    Also basic buildings which add stability can never be captured on conquest. This is set up this way with culture in vanilla Civ IV, and while not perfect, it probably suits the needs of the mod well enough.

There are even some special rules in some cases, which ensures that some previously built buildings are also calculated correctly.
    Krak des Chevaliers would go into that category. You might have a very good point with it though, it's possible that it was overlooked. Will look into it.

3. Sissyphos

Sissyphos Chieftain

Regarding the polish UHV I meant this:
    When Protestantism is founded you can switch to it for free and most of you catholic buildings get converted. Do the converted Cathedrals count as "build" or not?

4. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

No, currently those do not count.
    I'm a little torn on this one: it does make the UHV harder, as you now overally need 4 more protestant temples with each converted cathedral.
    On the other hand if I set them to count, you may basically get those protestant cathedrals for free.

I originally chose the first option, because you do get some free protestant temples too on conversion. Still doesn't change the fact that you probably need more cities than you would otherwise.
    What's the preferred solution for this?

5. Sissyphos

Sissyphos Chieftain

Thank you for fast replys.

Now that I know about the cathedrals I'd say it does not really matter because there is no time limit for building them.

6. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

btw, as far as 1228 svn, i do not get free religion change i.e. from pagan -> state rel. 1 turn anarchy ok, then i want to adopt new one, and its another turn of anarchy. If i read changelog well, it should not happen. is it so?

7. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Yeah, I think I will leave it the way it is now.
    You only need to build 2 protestant cathedrals after all, so it won't be that hard with (even more catholic caths converted).
    Also the need to actually build them seems more intuitive to me.

I really doubt that you read it in the changelogs, as I only mentioned that it in the forums :)
    This is planned, but wasn't implemented yet.