[NFP] [Question] Bug or mod related - meeting civs after they suffer a natural disaster

kaspergm

Deity
I have raised this question before, and know I'm not the only one that has experienced this: Often I'll meet a random civ that's located on a completely different part of the map, when they are struck by a natural disaster (often a flooding, sometimes a hurricane). This has sometimes been dismissed as not being a bug, but caused by a scout or maybe a galley.

However, today I have a case that clearly proves that this was caused not by a unit, but by the triggering of the natural disaster. On turn 5, I encounter Eleanor, who has spawned on another continent on the other hemisphere in a continents map - this happens after Paris suffers a flood:
Spoiler :
upload_2020-8-15_21-41-55.png

My question is: Is this bug caused by a mod, or is it an in-game bug? I use a number of mods, none that related specifically to natural disasters, but some that related to map in general (for instance Terra Mirabilis). Are there any users that play without mods, that have also encountered this bug?

I use Better Report Screens, Sukritacts Simple UI Adjustments and sometimes BBS and never encounterd something like this.

I've encountered variation of this bug where random city-state randomly meets me from other continent and that CS for rest of the game has no fog of war. Although I don't know what causes it.

I've played quite a few games with maxed out disasters and never seen this. I'm playing without mods, so my guess would be a mod is responsible.

I've encountered variation of this bug where random city-state randomly meets me from other continent and that CS for rest of the game has no fog of war. Although I don't know what causes it.
I've had this happen to me countless times, and I know that sometimes, but still fairly rarely, when a city state uses the last charge of one of their builders and the builder disappears, I get the visibility that the builder had before it got used up. So that might be what you're experiencing.

I play with like 15ish mods but I don't know why any of them would have this effect. It's usually floods, but sometimes other disasters, and sometimes expent builders.

I play with few mods and I had this happen to me last night. I got news of a disaster but didn't have visibility on it, and the next turn had a world congress resolution pop up. Right before the resolution screen, I met a new Civ, sent a delegation and then immediately it went into the WC resolution for aiding that Civ.

This happens often to me since I always play huge maps. Almost all of the times, it just means that a civ I HAVE met has just become suzerain of that city state... I've always felt that this is WAD (Works As Designed)

I've had several times where I "meet" a Civ or CS, despite being very far away and no where could I see one if their units or buildings before the Civ was revealed. I always chalked it up to a scout or something coming in sitmght but then moving out of sight again before the turn ends, as unlikely as all if that happening is. Could be a bug, I guess.
No mods.

Top Bottom