Question: Buildings

How do I create buildings for the city screen?

I want to make some wonders and improvements for my Discworld and Personnal Mods and I just wanted to know how. Can somebody please tell me?

Ukas has made a good tutorial which you can find in the Tutorials forum. You can also find a bunch of already made buildings that you can use. Castles, cottages, a tower and other buildings. Check my sig for some of them.

ok i've sort of done this i found a decent pic and i've improved it a bit hows this look

I know its a bit green but this is a first attept

Attachments

• abu simbel.gif
    abu simbel.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 156
ok i've sorted out all the graphics problems and it looks good but now i have a new problem i've done everything i have to made civilpedia entries, wondersplashes, etc but when its built in my game it crashes with no mention of missing scripts what do i do please tell me

Originally posted by Sa~Craig
ok i've sorted out all the graphics problems and it looks good but now i have a new problem i've done everything i have to made civilpedia entries, wondersplashes, etc but when its built in my game it crashes with no mention of missing scripts what do i do please tell me

Sounds definitely like a wonder splash problem. I have a hunch that it's about the wondersplash file itself. Doublecheck that it is
a) exactly same size as the game's original splashes
b) right format, 256 colors, indexed .pcx

Edit: Actually, the b) is more important, i think Civ uses just a portion of the image if it's too large.

If both seem fine, point the building to use one of the existing splashes and see if it works.

Originally posted by Sa~Craig
next question how do i get it to appear on desert terrain

You mean the pediaicon? You could always try using the Silk Road by Ukas as background. I don't think he would mind. That's the only desert pediaicon background that I've seen.

Or am I missing something? "appearing on desert terrain" sounds so much like resources appearing or some other Civ3 gameplay feature.

mm..i dont think you can actually make new buildings (the ones that you created it and not the ones that came in the game) to appear in the birds view of city view... i might be wrong...

i hope your wrong cause it took me sodding ages to make it and if it can't go into the city view screen i'm not doing another one untill i've finished all my other projects (There are alot)

i've just read something made by the building creating god Ukas he said in a tutorial that buildings made by us can't be added in the city screen. ah well i'll just post Abu Simbel in the graphics section

Top Bottom