Question - diplomacy

yanner39

Emperor
Is there a way to tell how the AI Civs feel about you? If not, how are we supposed to gage if they are about to attack?

Is the hint that they are amassing an army on your borders? Yesterday I did that do Caesar,the diplo screen comes up and sort of says "I see you are amassing you troops on my borders, bring it on...".

I just have the demo atm, so Im not 100% qualified to answer. But in the diplomacy screen sometimes I have seen the AI as being 'hostile' or 'war' (clearly when they are at war with you) next to their names. Its the only feedback I have seen so far for their feelings. Further, you also have to guage their language towards you. I have seen Alexander scoff at how puny my military is as a veiled threat fex.

In the diplomacy drop down, I've noticed that it will denote leaders as "Hostile". I would assume that means they're thinking of attacking you.

Also, they'll at times call you up just to insult you. I assume that would also be an indication of worsening relations. :D

Is there a way to tell how the AI Civs feel about you?
No, not really.

If not, how are we supposed to gage if they are about to attack?
You can't, except to the extent that they are massing troops, they are strong and you are weak, you have a bad reputation (which isn't observable anywhere) from expansionism or violating agreements (eg settling near someone who warned you not to) and you don't have a good history of agreements with them.

Top Bottom