1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Question: How do I trade a peace treaty between 2 AI's civilizations?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Icy, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Icy

Icy Chieftain

So apparently Austria went on a war against the Celts and they conquered the Celt capital and another of the Celt cities, leaving the Celts with a small city in between their recently captured capital and the other captured city, pretty much Austria was toying with the poor Celts, anyway they made a peace treaty but then a couple of turns after Austria declared war to them again and this time they convinced Carthage to join in too, so as Austria and Carthage are about to commit genocide on the Celts I told the Celts to open up their borders so I could place my Army in there and prevent the genocide, while moving my army to the Celt city, Austria asked me why my army was near their borders, I chose to DoW them because I was probably going to fight them to prevent them killing the Celts, anyway I took the Celt city back and gave it to them, we are now best buds but they're still on a war with Austria and Carthage I am trying to negotiate peace treaties but no one is willing to do it, I don't even have the option to do it, the Celts name is grayed out on both Austria and Carthage trade window saying that they have no desire to go to peace with the Celts. Only thing stopping them from killing off the Celts is my Army surrounding Celts cities.

TL;DR Austria and Carthage wants to commit genocide on the Celts and they have no desire to make peace and I want to know how to force them to make peace.

2. vivalamexico

vivalamexico Prince

If it says that they have no desire for peace, I don't think you can broker a peace deal between them for the time being

3. Icy

Icy Chieftain

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I will keep my army in the Celt city until it lets me.

4. vivalamexico

vivalamexico Prince

do you have lots of trade/research agreements w/ the celts? In other words, any special reason for keeping them around? (other than just being nice)

5. Icy

Icy Chieftain

Nothing, just being nice, I know is silly but they were friendly with me since the beginning and I just don't want a genocide, lol.

6. iamdanno

iamdanno Warlord

You don't have to declare war to protect them. Just get open borders and surround their capital.

7. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

If you want to be creative, you could try to get other powers to declare war on them. The AIs will recalculate the combat strength they need to fight off the new threat, and could make peace or start to have a desire to make peace that way. This is by no means a surefire way to do it though, and could easily spark a much bigger world conflict.

Basically though, if they have no desire to make peace, you can't force peace. Your problem here could also be that both Austria and Carthage are bound by a contract to keep up the war for 10 turns or so. If that is the case (and it sounds like it), they are actually not allowed to go to peace with the Celts for a little while, the same way you aren't if you made a deal with another player to go to war.

8. isau

isau Deity

Well from a purely selfish perspective, its actually more crafty to let the Celts be wiped out and resurrect them than to protect them like this. Whichever civ conquers them will eat a huge diplomatic penalty. Then you can declare on them and resurrect the Celts. Result: huge negative modifier for the person who does the wipe out, huge bonus to your relationship with the Celts. You can't truly commit "genocide" in this game, its always possible to bring someone back, and sometimes beneficial to do so.

9. Buridan

Buridan Chieftain

If a contract forbids them to make peace for some amount of turns it is shown there instead of they have no intention of making peace

10. vivalamexico

vivalamexico Prince

Just out of curiosity, who are you playing as?

11. Magma_Dragoon

Magma_Dragoon Reploid

It's a great use for scouts who never find an upgrade ruin, I love to troll the AI like that