Question : Is it possible to add more than 32 civs to a game?

Teshik

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a scenario festuring the actual geopolitical situation on Earth. But since you can't create more than 31 civs (and additional barbarians), you either have to leave most of africa, south america and part of south east asia unpopulated - or combining them to blocks, creating unrealistical powerful nations in these areas.
So, is there a mod or tool around which would allow me to increase this? (64 would be a sufficient number for me, I think) If this was posted before, sorry about it, just point me towards the right thread and I'll shut up then ;)

In short, no.

Oh, I'm making a personal mod like this myself, and I encountered the same problem... I chose to make settlers disabled and leave all subsaarian africa but South Africa empty and only Brazil and Argentina in South America... What is your civ list by the way?

Be careful, except if you have a big stronger wonderful computer , a lot of civilizations will slow down the game ... I have heard of 15 min of waiting between turns ...

Is it possible to add more than 31 civs to the choice menu? Having 31+ civs to choose from with still only 31 playing?

Duddha said:
Is it possible to add more than 31 civs to the choice menu? Having 31+ civs to choose from with still only 31 playing?

I don't think so but I never tested this ... Like I said the game is very slow with a lot of civilizations ...

Duddha said:

Nope. Which is a shame because while I can understand that game design limits playable civs to a certain number, a menu could be of any size.

embryodead said:
Nope. Which is a shame because while I can understand that game design limits playable civs to a certain number, a menu could be of any size.

This is truely a shame. There are far too many well made civs sitting around this forum to not choose and pick from.

I agree and have complained endlessly about the need for more than 31 civs. Like 63+Barbs. I won't give up on my fight to see if they will allow it in Civ4. I'll have to settle for that since they aren't going to change it for Civ3.

Top Bottom