Question: Money Injection

mitx

Chieftain
If i use a trainer to inject lets say $50k into my game. Now I have $50k gold.

If I donate that to another civ in my game controlled by an AI, will that money be utilized? Will they buy buildings/units/use it in making deals? Or will they just sit on the money?

I've done this a few times, donating $10k to all AIs in a game. They did use the money though not very efficiently. It took most of them 30+ turns to burn it down. They seemed to prefer spending it on civilian units followed by buildings. I did not see any dramatic increase in their military units or upgrading them either. This is anecdotal still as my sample size is only three games.

what are these trainers? Some kind of cheat code?

Yea a trainer is something you can run while the game is running to create some kind of in game effect. My imagination went places while I was playing the other night. I wondered how the game would unfold if a civ that was doing poorly suddenly came into a large amount of money. I imagined some fun dynamics. But of course, if they just sat on the money it wouldnt be fun.

Do they try to offer you crazy trades for say, 30g / turn for Ivory or that sort of thing ?

Yea a trainer is something you can run while the game is running to create some kind of in game effect.
FYI, I have only ever seen the term trainer used as a euphemism for a program that lets you cheat.

Top Bottom