1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on Independent Garrisons

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Mxzs, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Mxzs

Mxzs Prince

What are the rules that govern what garrisons are generated/upgraded in independent cities?

I am attempting to conquer the collapsed remnants of the Malinese Empire in Turn 379. As I take Gao, all the old Malinese cities are garrisoned with Riflemen. Five turns later the other cities have upgraded their garrisons to Infantry. Five turns after that, they are stacked with Mechanized Infantry.

The UK, I believe, is the most advanced country in the game, but they have progressed no farther than Electricity and Engine. They certainly are not within spitting distance of Telecommunications! So why are the Independent cities leapfrogging ahead by several eras in the space of 10 turns?

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

This can be because someone is too advanced due to the overflow bug. Have you received any warnings about that? If you upload a save I can check.

3. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Stalin and Starlight, Stalling a Stallion

In this timeline Wakanda has decided to pursue a more aggressive foreign policy.

4. Mxzs

Mxzs Prince

I don't remember getting any overflow bug warnings, only Python exceptions.

Attached are two saves. Turn 379, when there are Riflemen in the cities, and Turn 389 when they turn into Wakanda. (A reply that made me laugh my morning coffee out thru my nose.)

Attached Files:

Leoreth likes this.