1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Question on the Great Wall

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by dyami6687, Aug 26, 2009.

1. dyami6687

dyami6687 Chieftain

I've been playing Archipelago recently and it raised a very good question for me.

Just what is a continent considered. I know if it's connected via landmass then it is, but can a land mass be a certain distance from the mainland and still be considered a continent.

2. ShannonCT

ShannonCT Deity

A separate landmass is a separate continent for the purposes of the Great Wall and other wonders that apply only to the continent on which they are built.

3. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

The worst case scenario is when you build the Great Wall in a 1-tile island. :thumbsdown: :lol:

4. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I'm pretty sure the Great Wall is global...

5. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

It isn't global. I'm close to 100% sure of that. If you build Gwall on terra there is no help in the new world, unless by "help" you mean military units.

6. bestsss

bestsss Emperor

only the extra bonus on great general is global.

7. Ignorant Teacher

Ignorant Teacher Emperor

I'm not totally sure about it. The way I understand the civilopedia text and my little experience with it, I'd say it isn't. I haven't seen the code, though, so I could be completely wrong.

8. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

I remember seeing it posted on the forum that someone checked the code and the GG bonus applies EVERYWHERE, even defending in cities you just captured...

9. Sian

Sian Emperor

now thats two different things TMIT

cities you have captured is a part of your land, GW raises GG generation from battles happening in your land (others attacking into your land for an example), therefore GW works on cities you only just captured, since gamewise they are your land the turn you capture them ... that they have to get out of riots before it'll do anything usefull is a whole other can