Question on War Postion

cwood

Chieftain
what should i do?

i have made war with the Zulu Civ. see. and i made a war allaince with Persia. the proble is that perisa is between me and Zulu. i was thinking that i could have perisa go and attack them and i would go and send a couple units to do so plliageson zulu. at the same time building up a for and attacking persia through the back door.

So what do you think i should do?

Moderator Action: This sig is WAAAAY too big! Forum rules say 5 lines! --Padma
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

You should find some spare units to attack the zulus, because then the persians will become furious with you for not helping them out. Do not attack the Persians until the alliance is over.

If you're in an alliance with somebody during a war, send at least one unit to help out in the war. This will keep you in your partner's good graces until you're ready to attack them.

"veni vidi vici" means "i came, i saw i, won"
and your signature really IS too big
( had the same problem yesterday, but mine mine was much shorter than yours)

An alliance last 20 turn, so your idea is good, let them fight togheter, build your invasion force, 20 turn later contact persia and put an end to alliance, then declare war on them ( without troop in their territory). If you do so, your reputation is still undamage.

Hi! Don't do that, the entire world will hate you, breaking an alliance gets you very bad reputation hit. I say sign a ROP and got attack the zulu. Don't get Persia get too strong with the Zulu's cities!

You're probably better off not breaking the alliance. Instead of just sending a few units to pillage, try this: send several units and a couple of settlers. Wait until the Persians soften up a city, then finish it off with your units. If they're smaller cities and the Persians destroy them, use your settlers to build on those spots with improvements already built. I like this opportunistic approach to warfare. I keep a good rep and make sure the spoils of war are mine.

Don't break the alliance. Attack persia after 20 turns when you can cancel alliance and declare war without losing your reputation.

Well at first I would finish up the zulus together. During the war move some of your units into the Persian territory and when the zulus are gone use these units to strike perfectly into the persian homeland. This way you can get two out and also expand your territory. Works for me 90% of the time. Hope you have a decent military at hand.

Well at first I would finish up the zulus together. During the war move some of your units into the Persian territory and when the zulus are gone use these units to strike perfectly into the persian homeland. This way you can get two out and also expand your territory. Works for me 90% of the time. Hope you have a decent military at hand.

Thats clever of you, but I think that that will cause a major reputation hit. :cry:

Originally posted by wilbill
You're probably better off not breaking the alliance. Instead of just sending a few units to pillage, try this: send several units and a couple of settlers. Wait until the Persians soften up a city, then finish it off with your units. If they're smaller cities and the Persians destroy them, use your settlers to build on those spots with improvements already built. I like this opportunistic approach to warfare. I keep a good rep and make sure the spoils of war are mine.

This should cause a rep hit as well since your units are in Persia at the time.

What I think I would have done was have an alliance with Zulu against Persia. with both of you coming from different directions.

edit: btw, how long was the sig? must have been nice and long to be deleated by the mods.

Yeah, you definitely don't want to start a war until after 20 turns and make sure you get rid of any ROP as well. Don't worry about Persia getting strong on Zulu cities as they will be pretty worthless after only 20 turns - won't have much for infrastructure and the citizens will be too unhappy to be much of a production powerhouse. Line up your troops to take out two major Persian cities in the first blow.

Off-Topic:
Maybe you could include your signature in a post just so we could all see what it was - I've never seen a moderator censor a sig before - I'm sure several here are curious...

Moderator Action: How often do I have to remind people to not post multiple times in succession? Just use "Edit Post" - not nearly so spammy. ;) --Padma
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Originally posted by Oddible
Maybe you could include your signature in a post just so we could all see what it was - I've never seen a moderator censor a sig before - I'm sure several here are curious...
The former sig is posted in the first post of this thread. Also, after the joke there was the famous Caesar quote: "Veni vidi vici": "I came, I saw, I conquered."
Originally posted by holy king
"veni vidi vici" means "i came, i saw i, won"
I've heard it as "I came, I saw, I conquered," and I'm pretty sure that that's how it is usually translated. Of course, winning and conquering something mean the same thing, so it doesn't really make a difference. :)

Top Bottom