question on war postion

cwood

Chieftain
what should i do?

i have made war with the Zulu Civ. see. and i made a war allaince with Persia. the proble is that perisa is between me and Zulu. i was thinking that i could have perisa go and attack them and i would go and send a couple units to do so plliageson zulu. at the same time building up a for and attacking persia through the back door.

So what do you think i should do?:confused:

Having a military alliance just means you have to be at war. There is no requirement for you to actually go and attack the Zulu.

You can just attack Persia if you want when they are waek, but your reputation will suffer if you break the military alliance.

You need to give more info (maybe a screenshot) to get more detailed advice.

ok
so after two truns i will attack perisa

put all of your units along your border with persia, then when the alliance ends send in your troops to attack them. most of their units will most likely be in zulu land or far enough away to be unable to respond to your attack.

Takeo

The military alliance is a good thing now - keep it in place (unless you NEED a resource, after the inital build phase this is the only time to go to war with a neighbour).

Unless the cities are going to be able to contribute to your empire (ie; within a lower corruption influance of a palace or FP) its usually not worth the heartache of taking over the riva; before having a defensive unit tech lead (like Infantry when they have Calvs).

I would take out the other civ you are mutually at war with- take that territory. In the meantime get a right of passage agreement with Persia and buildup some units. One you have finsihed off the other civ, and you still have the right of passage, take out persias top cities (usually those ringing and including the capital) all in one turn (note if you play Regicide or capture the princess this strategy is deadly, but cheap against a really stupid AI).

Top Bottom