[UNIT] Question: Preventing unit replacement and obsolescence

jjd

Chieftain
I've created a personal scenario (Warhammer world) that combines various civilization mods with a custom map. I'm really happy with how it has come to together, but am stuck on one final hurdle.

Many Unique Units within my scenario are not showing up in city production. I have discovered two likely reasons this may be occurring: the unique units have become obsolete due to technology, or have been replaced with a superior unit. The game starts for all civs at the Renaissance era.

In each Civilization XML, I have used <Civilization_UnitClassOverrides> to remove the units I don't want each civilization to have access to. I have also used this to enable civilizations to produce units from other civilizations.

I have tried modifying <ObsoleteTech>, <Class>, and <PrereqTech> to make them available, but have had limited success. I've also tested three different 'Remove Obsolete' mods from Steam Workshop, but none have had the desired effect.

Is there anything obvious I'm missing? I've tried searching a number of times for a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom