Question re Espionage

Convict

Warlord
This has me baffled.

As background, I am playing continents plus and have met only one civilization, the Incas. I am playing as Korea.

Someone gets to the stage where a spy is available and mine goes to the only Civ I have met which is the Inca.

Further down the track, still have met no other Civ and the Inca's steal horseback riding. I tell them to get lost and they promise not to soy on me any more.

Next turn I meet Darius.

The next turn again an unknown Civilization steals Civil Service.

So, I know of two Civs. One has stolen from me and promised not to again. That aside, it is only two turns from the previous theft and I doubt that they could steal again in that time span.

Second is Persia which I met the turn before the theft. It would have been impossible for them have a spy in place in time.

I just don't know how it could happen unless an AI saw me and I didn't see them. However I have always found that they announce their presence.

Any ideas?

This has me baffled.

As background, I am playing continents plus and have met only one civilization, the Incas. I am playing as Korea.

Someone gets to the stage where a spy is available and mine goes to the only Civ I have met which is the Inca.

Further down the track, still have met no other Civ and the Inca's steal horseback riding. I tell them to get lost and they promise not to soy on me any more.

Next turn I meet Darius.

The next turn again an unknown Civilization steals Civil Service.

So, I know of two Civs. One has stolen from me and promised not to again. That aside, it is only two turns from the previous theft and I doubt that they could steal again in that time span.

Second is Persia which I met the turn before the theft. It would have been impossible for them have a spy in place in time.

I just don't know how it could happen unless an AI saw me and I didn't see them. However I have always found that they announce their presence.

Any ideas?

Is it possible you just rush-clicked through the intro screen?

Is it possible you just rush-clicked through the intro screen?

Do you mean for another Civ? If so, not in this case as I still only have met Persia and the Inca.

I guess the only explanation is that the Inca managed to steal two technologies in three turns. I have never seen it happen that quickly. Unless CS's are suddenly thieving from me :p

Do you mean for another Civ? If so, not in this case as I still only have met Persia and the Inca.

I guess the only explanation is that the Inca managed to steal two technologies in three turns. I have never seen it happen that quickly. Unless CS's are suddenly thieving from me :p

Do you REALLY think Inca stopped spyinig.. I mean.. it's Pachacuti we're talking about.

A civ doesn't have horseback riding by time spies are in play? It sounds like your spy should have been working counter-intelligence.

Thanks for not answering the question.

Do you REALLY think Inca stopped spyinig.. I mean.. it's Pachacuti we're talking about.

I never believed he would stop spying. I didn't think he'd be able to pinch two technologies so quickly.

Maybe he had a spy in two of your cities. If he had to grab horseback riding he probably needed the techs because he was so far behind.

Thanks for not answering the question.

Load up IGE on the turn before and after the steal and peek at people's techs. I can't make you do this, but I can point out that I find it odd that one civ doesn't have Horseback Riding by the time any civ has reached Renaissance.

I'm not sure who modeled sarcasm as a constructive discourse between adults for you. I think you've had time to learn that other people have free will and not all of them do exactly what you'd have them do all the time. But feel free to establish your own forums and strike every last post that doesn't do exactly and only what the thread author wanted them to.

Top Bottom