Question regarding Buildings producing Resources

BenGee171

Warlord
Hi, I have a question:

Is it possible to have a Building to produce a resource only if another resource is available in the City in which the building is?

Or for example two other resources, or one or the other resource, or one resource and either one of two other resources?

Now another more practical example:

You have iron and coal and the building produces steal only if iron and either coal or oil are available in the city.

Another example:

You have cotton, the building produces cloth only if cotton is available in the city.

Is there anything like that already done in one of the mods?

Is there a python script for it?

Let me know.

Hi, I have a question:

Is it possible to have a Building to produce a resource only if another resource is available in the City in which the building is?

No, it's not possible with buildings, only with corporations.

of course it is possible. I think it is realy simple. Try my odyssey beta mod. i made a bronze working building that needs tin and copper to produce bronze. i also give it some flavor, so that the ai use it.

of course it is possible. I think it is realy simple. Try my odyssey beta mod. i made a bronze working building that needs tin and copper to produce bronze. i also give it some flavor, so that the ai use it.

Does it stop producing Bronze if either Copper or Tin are missing though? It's easy to require a resource in order to allow a building to be built, but that's not what the OP is asking for.

oh, my mistake.
So it had work like <PowerBonus>BONUS_XXXX</PowerBonus> with another effect.

by the way i did not think about this for the bronze working, because i assume that every a society use some form of recycling to build weapons.

So it had work like <PowerBonus>BONUS_XXXX</PowerBonus> with another effect.

All that does is increase the Hammer output of the building if you have the required resource. Just like Coal increases the output of a Factory. In fact, I believe it only affects the Factory. It has nothing to do with Bronze requiring Copper and Tin though.

If you are able to merge SDK,look after "Building Resource Converter Mod" in the database(ModComps).I think this is what you are looking for...

Top Bottom