1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Question/Request: How Do I Make My Leader Portrait Switch In-Game According to Action?

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by Ricarius, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Ricarius

Ricarius Chieftain

An example of what I am looking for can be found with this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=657408210

In the mod, the leader diplo-scene changes appearance based on an action or condition that the civilization is undergoing. For example, when declaring war or opening dialogue with a hostile player, Bateman will be wearing a raincoat and wielding an axe, but when relations between the player and Bateman are normal, he will be wearing a business suit and holding a CD case.

I was just wondering, because I've had no success in trying to dissect and reverse engineer the mod via ModBuddy, exactly how can this be done with a different civilization? What level of coding knowledge is required to trigger these changes?

2. OTiger

OTiger Chieftain

This thread may be the answer to your problems.