1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Question

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by GunshySlycat1, Oct 26, 2005.

1. GunshySlycat1

GunshySlycat1 Chieftain

In CIV2 like I'm playing in the roman scenario.. do i only go after objective cities or what? some say objective..some dont....i think every civ in that one scenario have some objective cities for me. i just dont want to get to 28bc or whatever and find out i played the scenario wrong.. thanks :)

Oh and since I'm here..........how do I order an ally out of my country? its very annoying have tons of troops (even tho theyre allies) next to my capital sending in settlers and building roads! what are they doing anyway lol.. improve my roads or building their own.. i dont get it

2. #1 Person

#1 Person The Cow

You cannot order an allies troops out of your territory, unfortunety.

I don't know about Rome thing. I haven't played that scenerio in a long time, like literally 6 years ago. I would suggest go after all of them, since at the very least it will help you get the objective cities.

3. ElephantU

ElephantU Deity

I haven't played Rome in years either, but the resident scenario expert is Lafayette. Try PMing him if he doesn't turn up in a couple days. He's still active in the GOTMs.

4. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

Depending on the game situation, I might allow the settlers to improve the roads; after all, I can use them later. Otherwise, I do with the settlers what I do with the other units:

1. Cancel the alliance. The units will go back to their civ's territory. They will be angry with you, but it's worth it if they are really getting in your way and you don't desperately need the alliance.

2. Bribe the ally's units. Put their settlers to work for you as you see fit. If their military units are not needed for immediate offense/defense, move them to a nearby city where you're building something that could use a boost in its productivity (ie. if you're building a Wonder or another expensive or time-consuming unit or asset). Then disband them. You will gain a few turns on your building project.

5. GunshySlycat1

GunshySlycat1 Chieftain

Thanks

I'm also playing on deity with *hordes of barbarians* enabled and It's quite tough...but fun.. on chieftain mode its a cake walk but i learned not to make alliances in deity mode (unless overruled by the senate depending government structure) because they always end up sneak attacking me anyway..so why bother. they sneak atack me and sign alliances and stuff with eachother, yet when i protect my own land they wont sign an alliance with me because "of the treatment of the germans" or whatever.. seems like theyre outright anti-roman from birth lol. well thanks.. as far as the scenarios go... yeah, some say objective city.. like in the roman scenario in each non-roman civ theres a few cities that say OBJECTIVE and theres hostile ones on the italian peninsula that doesnt say objective.. so i wasnt sure...

Anyway, they're bunch of backstabbers and they say I'm not to be trusted once they break the treaty and attack my border guards lol...seems like they dont know what peace is. well, theyre not border guards literally, i just use a good defensive unit to fortify/mark where the border is. My advice to you in deity mode is to NEVER trust any civilization! Kill them all! You kill them or they'll align together and sneak attack you from every angle and when youre trying to be peaceful I hate rush building and having to crush them and usually I take 1 city before signing a "peace treaty" so-called peace treaty.. more like a "let me build up my forces so i can sneak attack you treaty"

6. bruderpetrus

bruderpetrus Chieftain

in game take a look at: world \ civilisation score

or press <F9>

there you get information on how to win a scenario.
    in roman scenario it means:

decisive defeat: -1
    marginal defeat: 3
    marginal victory: 9
    decisive victory: 14

that&#180;s the number of objectives you have to own at 28bc. i know every wonder counts as one objective. some citys do. alexandria, carthage and seleucia may worth three objectives because of their chance of building another wonder at the beginning of the game.

after decisive victory try a real challange:
    start as egyptian and destroy celtic nation (haven&#180;t managed this yet)