1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

questioning your faith

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by boann, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Zcylen

Zcylen Moonlight Rambler

:lol:

talking about convertions, I've known people who change their religion, would you guys think this is bad?
    is bad to change religion? or is because people is weak and lost faith in their god?
    maybe my feelings are very strong to my church and I'll never change my beliefs but why you think they do it?
    have any of you changed your religion?

2. Hitro

Hitro Feistus Raclettus

:confused:
    Isn't that already the thread's topic?

3. Alcibiaties of Athenae

Alcibiaties of Athenae Imperator

To answer my friend's question, the answer is no.

But then, I never put any stock into preists and other nonsense, as if putting on a costume and performing a ritual made you somehow closer to god.

The answers you seek are always there, don't let men (or women) misguide you, people make mistakes, and are subject to all kinds of pettiness.
    Faith can be pure, and needs none of that.

4. bigfatron

bigfatron Emperor

Interesting and kind of encouraging. I have lost count of the number of times have been told I shall burn in hell because I do not believe - if Jesus really said that non-believers will be judged by their actions, then that kills off one of my great objections! I have to tell you Meldor, that is an achievement ;)

The only problem I have left is, if someone commits truly evil acts and then repents and 'comes to Jesus' does he get let off? I suppose an all-powerful deity can tell if the repentance is genuine and therefore fry the dissemblers.....

5. boann

boann Tuatha princess

the only problem i have with some christians
    is that you interpret the bible for us.
    you don't "quote" and then explain how you see it.
    you say....yadayadayada and thats what the bible says on it.
    i think i can read just fine.
    wheres the scripture referance what does it actually say.
    and then do you know what it said in the greek
    and how sometimes the translations differ on what the greek words mean.
    im not disputing what you say could be true..
    but this is the problem i have with a lot of believers ..
    and not just christians..... moslems do the same ...
    as do mormons with their books.......
    if i was a dumb snot who couldn't read ... i might need the help.
    if i have to have help understanding then maybe there
    is need to question

6. anarres

anarres anarchist revolutionary

As long as you remember to confess on your death bed then you will recieve automatic entrance to heaven?

Not a bad idea, but what about Saddam, Osama, and GWB? Can they still repent and get in free? :lol:

As much as I suspect Christianity to be wholly wrong about many things, I am happy in the knowledge that if they are right I will at least be judged on how I live my life, even as an unbeliever.

I still find it shocking that anyone who believes in Christ can get in though. It means they can be evil, as many Christians already are. Of course, in the USA you should be familiar with 'evil' Christians as lots of Priests have been exposed as kiddie-fiddlers.

7. Zcylen

Zcylen Moonlight Rambler

that remined me DBZ, after goku and zell died, they were still fighting in the other world.
    :crazyeye:

8. kmad

kmad King

I was baptized, but I've always hated all religions equally.

9. cgannon64

cgannon64 BOB DYLAN'S ROCKIN OUT!

Born and raised Catholic. Sometimes I come into doubt about the existance of God, but I always come out of it. Whether its flawed logic or not, I can still see instances in life where I think - there is a God. I don't see myself converting, ever. And, even when I look at other religions, Catholicism makes the most sense to me. Especially after reading C. S. Lewis. Something about a divine creator just makes sense to me. Sure, it is impossible to prove His existance - but what would religion be if it relied on evidence?

science, maybe