Questions about active trades & lux

blitz4

Chieftain
I can't find this answer anywhere, if I trade a lux to another civ for one of their lux, where do I see that new lux that I got using the UI? I'm pretty sure it shows up under the city panel as 'amenities from lux' but at the bottom of the resources panel, it only shows the lux that I have online. How many turns do I have left before the trade deal expires? I would also like to know for open border trades, how long before those deals expire as well.
Is there a mod to show active trade deals or somewhere in the UI that i'm missing?

Speaking of lux, if I read this correct, there is no benefit from having more than one copy of a lux online except for trading that lux. You are only able to use that lux as an amenity for 4 of your cities, so with all equal sized cities (no war weariness), going from 4 to 5 cities will require twice as many lux as you currently have to keep the same happiness level?

For some reason we need to wait the patch to actually see the luxury you get from trades. The only UI currently available to see that you have a luxury from some civilization is pen and paper. I asked the same question recently and this is the answer.
Just one lux is used in your empire, rest is for show or trade. It's hard to have equal sized cities, but yes, 5 isn't really optimal number of cities when it comes to amenities, but there are loads of ways to get amenities so just get some when in need.

Thanks Balkans! I felt stupid not knowing when trade deals end and shortly afterwards,
angry about not remembering when an open borders deal ended with a civ.

Pen and paper, what a great invention!
Next game, I'm naming my first lvl 2 unit after you :)

Yes I have been using the Notes app on my smart phone that has a master list of all luxuries, and checking off the ones I have in order to keep track.. So I don't accidentally import two of the same luxury.

Top Bottom