Questions about (borrowed) MOO3

Gladi

The ignored thread killer
Good day everybody
Friend lended me MOO3 and I at least figured a bit how to play it. Unfortunately there are things I have no Idea about and my friend is gone and with him my chance to get manual.
1) How come colonies spring up out of nowhere often? In systems I never visisted? Populated by some Aughriv race or what...
2) My planet switched sides! What happened? Please?
3) Is there a way to influence planet production without visiting planet every few turns to chance queue? My planets build infinite fround support units and transports!
Thank you very much for any answer.

Hopefully, by now, you gave it back to your friend in discust, so, that he could use it as a coaster.
Yes, MOO3 is as bad as they say it is.

Good day everybody

Allo

1) How come colonies spring up out of nowhere often? In systems I never visisted? Populated by some Aughriv race or what...

There is migration thing in the game where your people migrate to other planets that are of an environment your race likes. This happens automatically. Personally, I think this is one of the better thought out ideas put in the game.

2) My planet switched sides! What happened? Please?

They liked the other guys better. It's a cultural influence sort of thing. The other guys had better pop music and more attractive women. The way to counter this is build morale boosting type buildings on the planet.

3) Is there a way to influence planet production without visiting planet every few turns to chance queue? My planets build infinite fround support units and transports!

Turn off the AI governors for planet or system production and set it to manual. I think that's how to lessen that, it's been a long while since I played a game. There are ways to manipulate the computer AI to produce what you want, or close to it, but that involves a lot of work, more than I'm inclined to put into a game. Even on manual, there is an excessive amount of micromanagement in the game. You will have to monitor production, regardless. It's a catch 22. With the AI governors, you have to micromanage to keep them on track. On manual, you have to micromanage your planets when they finish production. This excessive amount of micromanagement is the main area where the game died.

The game was also published in an unfinished form, which makes everything that much worse. The publisher should have been prosecuted for consumer fraud and incarcerated.

Uncheck the Econ AI check box in the Planets screen. Right next to the Gifts to Empire check box, on the same panel as the Mil and Planet and research sliders.

As long as the Econ AI is checked it will adjust all things related to the planet. This is your Viceroy. If you don't like what it's doing Uncheck it.

To lock the military queue, go to the queue and click on the padlock icon. This will repeat building whatever is in the queue. Remove everything to build nothing.

Top Bottom