Questions about Brave New World that don't deserve their own thread.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ImperialChaos, May 13, 2013.

1. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

It's a resource for the civil war scenario, if I'm not mistaken. It's essentially manpower needed to supply your armies.

2. EnterDOT

EnterDOT Chieftain

How big was G&K in gb/mb and how much will BNW be? How much will it take to download? HOW will it download, too?

3. Loopdy Doopdy

Loopdy Doopdy Chieftain

What will happen to portugal's feitoria if Venice puppets the city-state, or if anything happens to the city-state?

4. theadder

theadder Prince

A GB or two. The expansions don't tend to be all that large.

It will download from Steam. The speed depends on your internet connection.

5. Petiscator

Petiscator King

It was said that pillaging a Feitoria is an act of war against Portugal in a Q&A. I think that if someone conquers/puppets a CS, the Feitoria keeps there, but Portugal loses its bonuses. On the other hand, it is also known that the Feitoria gives a defense bonus on that tile, so methinks the enemy will keep that.

6. HeraldtheGreat

HeraldtheGreat King

For a moment I had a heart attack and thought you meant in RAM. :lol:

7. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

G&K folder (DLC/Expansion) takes almost 800 KB

8. theadder

theadder Prince

This doesn't mean anything, because it writes files all over the place inside the directory.

If the expansion is 800KB then Firaxis is overselling to say the least.

9. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

I believe MB is more appropriate

10. Hyper Nova

Hyper Nova Warlord

Sorry to repost this but I've asked this twice now in different threads and haven't had an answer. I wanted to avoid starting a new thread.

So does anyone know of Khans will have their own icon in BNW?

If people don't know that's fine but please say no one knows. I'm starting to feel invisible ;)

11. TheMarshmallowBear

I'm led to believe they still get their old Great General icon. (which is a bit of a shame, a horse with a star on it would be a better icon)

12. Hyper Nova

Hyper Nova Warlord

That is a shame I was hoping for something like a khans helmet icon. Aren't they the only UU without their own icon?

13. TheMarshmallowBear

14. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

This would be possible to check if someone has access to the files, no?

15. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

If the CS changes ownership, so does the Fetoria. So if Venice puppets the CS, the fetoria is a Venetian Fetoria.... and Venice can pillage it without war (since it gets no benefit from it)

16. anandus

anandus Errorist

Not sure if this is a BNW-thing or is already present in vanilla, but watching Maddjinn's playthrough I saw the promotion "Can carry X cargo" (1/2/3/4).

What is this for? (This is not the flightdeck promotion)

Edit:
    Looking at the Well of Souls it's a promotion that's already there (still don't have a clue what kind of promotion it is though)

17. Ryoga

Ryoga King

It's a default promotion for units like the "promotion" "cannot melee" that all the range units have, it's not something that you gain with experience, but something that comes from the unit itself.

the cargo promotion is simply a promotion that allows a unit to carry other specific units. Carriers used to have "cargo III" which allows carrying three aircrafts, in BNW they have "cargo II" which will only allows 2 aircrafts.

however they also introduced "fly deck I", "fly deck II" and "fly deck III" which are promotions that improve the base cargo promotion respectively by 1, 2 and 3, and can be gained with exp.

18. Mantron

Mantron Chieftain

So can tiles with culture from ANY source eventually yield tourism (via Hotel / Airport / Visitor's Center)? In his video, MD said ANY tile, but I'm specifically wondering about culture added to tiles from pantheon beliefs. Is it possible to eventually get tourism from jungle tiles via Sacred Path, or wine / incense tiles from Goddess of Festivals / Monasteries? I'd hate to start a game gunning for a cultural victory with Brazil and grab Sacred Path, only to eventually hit hotels and find out it didn't work.

19. A Rabid Dopsis

A Rabid Dopsis Warlord

I was wondering this too actually. The description seems to imply that the culture must come from the improvement.

If that's the case you would expect that Sacred Path would not provide tourism but God of the Open Sky (culture from pastures) and oral tradition (culture from plantations) would. That would certainly make them more viable pantheon beliefs at least.

Of course, I'm just spit-balling here. :p

20. EnterDOT

EnterDOT Chieftain

Already asked, but... could someone please make a list of ALL civs that had ANY changes in BNW? ANY CHANGES! Minor, big, doesn't matter. I'd just like to know.