Questions about Diplomacy with team AIs

Knightly_

Warlord
Hi there,
ive been playing Civ4-bts for several months now and was able to step up in difficulty levels up to Monarch in single player (thx to those awesome ALC threads, thx sisiutil). Together with a friend i was able to pull of one win on Emperor in a Multiplayer game against 4 AI teams each with 2 players. During our play some questions about diplomacy with AI teams came up:

1. How does the relationship of each player affect to AI decisions like declaring war against us ? Its possible that i have a +7/+7 diplomacy bonus to an enemy team while my mate has for example +4/+2. Which one is used for those "declaring war" calculations ? Does anybody know how this works ?
2. When trading techs etc which diplomacy bonus (like in 1.) is used ? I realized that when "mr. no open borders at all-tokugawa" is in a team you wont get open borders for that team. Is it possibly that i can change a tech for another tech while my mate would not be able to do so (due to sucking relationships) ? From my experience the answer is no.
3. How does religion come into play ? When the enemy team has Hindu/Buddism and i change to Hindu then this would lower my relationship to the Buddism player and probably result in an overall worse relationship !?

greetings Knightly_

Hi again,
sadly nobody seems to know anything about this ? We need advice... got spanked by Suleimans and Fredericks imba stack of doom although we had such a nice happy hinduism continent.

Greetings Knightly_

Top Bottom