Questions about low difficulty HoF strategies.

Zx Zero Zx

Deity
I think the settler god iggymnrr will probably have all my answers, but more opinions are better.

But what I want to know are a few things. With barbs off huts on do you just not build a worker first, and go for a warrior or scout to get one from a hut, or do you build one first still but use workers from huts to pop more huts?

Also do you always attack the first AI city you come across with a warrior to see if you can RNG it, or beeline chariots instead?

Is CS still the best bet for Oracling for fast Bureaucracy, or is it better to try, and get something deeper like Education?

How quickly do you want to have built The Great Library , or is it even worth investing hammers into at all due to it obsoleting very quickly?

Is Darius pretty much the best non Incan leader in the game for every VC besides culture, or can other leaders compete with him?

That is it for now, maybe I will think of more later.

On price and below, it is almost always worth going straight towards a neighbour AI and capture the capital asap. Not only the maintenance is low, but the AI at those levels are simple useless. Better dead and get the bounty.

The subtlety is when to capture the capital. On Vanilla and Walords expansions, forget about early capital capture as anti-human implementation were active, but no longer in BTS. In BTS, most of the time, the AI will start a worker right away or mostly. Of course, if you haven't checked "No City Razing" and the AI decided to go worker since T0, you're in trouble to capture that capital as it'll autoraze. But what I've learnt about AI early developments is when accessed to at least two 3 base :food: sources, the AI tends to growth towards size 2-3 and then start a worker. This is the chance for a capital capture and quite often, the second warrior wasn't finished yet.

Now the second subtlety that is no longer a subtlety with the use of espionage tables. Capturing an AI capital when the AI was 2/3 done with a worker is not really bright as you'll have to start over a new worker. Best is to check the espionage tables (per experience, if sabotageProduction razes 400, the worker is almost done) and capture the capture being sure the worker is three turns away from being completed. It is hardcoded that any build three turns before being finished are never revoked for any reason. So, just wait the worker to be out and then capture a fresh city with a worker ready to make that city productive.

EDIT: The most safe # of warriors to capture a flat capital is 3. And even at this number, I have seen screwy combos.

Protip: avoid Bronze Working.

Yea I will be playing BTS as Vanilla is kind of dumb with the OPness of CS, and Catapults. But that is interesting stuff about the AIs production choices. I never knew that 2 3 food tiles cause them to grow, I guess never playing on anything bellow Emperor cause you to not see stuff like that. I also never knew that with 3 turns to go the AI will finish its build.

Do you not bother trying to pop a bunch of settlers from huts with guys, and instead take the sure thing Tachy?

Top Bottom