Questions about the new happiness system and puppet happiness

Epaminondas II

Chieftain
Attached is a picture of my current deity Spain game on the continents plus map with no other mods than the full CPB. I am running into some serious problems managing puppet happiness and understanding the current happiness system.. For example, can puppets generate any happiness for your empire even though their local happiness will always be negative? In the past, the baths event that gave +1 happiness to all cities for extra bath maintenance did work with puppets but I did not receive that event this game so I am unsure. Also I would like to mention how essential that event is to a conquest play through and believe it should be an event you are always guaranteed to receive.

Another issue is that I cannot locate the other sources of happiness (the 7 boredom, poverty, illiteracy etc) since they are not displayed above any of my cities so I am unsure of how to mitigate them. If there is an in-depth explanation of the happiness system anywhere I would like to read it.

Attachments

• 20190528161704_1.jpg
    20190528161704_1.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 182
Another issue is that I cannot locate the other sources of happiness (the 7 boredom, poverty, illiteracy etc) since they are not displayed above any of my cities so I am unsure of how to mitigate them. If there is an in-depth explanation of the happiness system anywhere I would like to read it.
Those Unhappiness numbers on the global panel are currently bugged, I've already wrote an issue on Github, hopefully sir @Gazebo will come to our rescue soon when he will have the time:)

If you go to City-view, under the yields you'll find the City's current Happiness and Unhappiness and you can hover over them to see the sources of those.

You can type 'unhappiness' in the Civilopedia and there will be a page called (if I remember correctly) 'Sources of Unhappiness', where you will find a more detailed explanation of how they work.

(I can give you a very brief summary but I'd suggest to read that page first)

Last edited:
Those Unhappiness numbers on the global panel are currently bugged, I've already wrote an issue on Github, hopefully sir @Gazebo will come to our rescue soon when he will have the time:)

If you go to City-view, under the yields you'll find the City's current Happiness and Unhappiness and you can hover over them to see the sources of those.

You can type 'unhappiness' in the Civilopedia and there will be a page called (if I remember correctly) 'Sources of Unhappiness', where you will find a more detailed explanation of how they work.

(I can give you a very brief summary but I'd suggest to read that page first)
That's outdated. I'm waiting for a stable happiness system before updating.

Top Bottom