1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about the WTP mod

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by yew, Dec 9, 2018.

1. yew

yew Chieftain

2. yew

yew Chieftain

The mod doesn't want to load and after loading half way it mentions something about "There are more silbings".

3. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain Supporter

Make sure you place one of the DLL files in Assets.

It's a different file format for compressed files. GitHub adds it automatically. If you don't know this format, then you should ignore it.

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Chieftain Supporter

I just downloaded WtP 2.7.1.1 and extracted it to the MODS folder of Colonization.

Colonization starts fine. When I select the last version of the RaR mod it starts fine. However when I chose "Advanced" and "Load a mod" and select Mod-2.7.1.1-beta6 the game crashes to desktop.

Edit: Problem has been solved - I did not have the .dll file moved to the assets folder.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  5. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

Hi guys,

how are you all doing?
    Are the Civ4Col community and WtP still active?

During my recent vacation I was diving again into another of my old "all time favourites" game series due to nostalgica.
    I was amazed how active their modding community still was even after so many years.

Spoiler :

I am talking about Baldurs Gate Series.
    The modding community is really awesome.

But actually they had a really really great advantage.
    Another publisher had picked up the old series and created an "Enhanced Edition" that not only offered an improved engine but also new quests, new companions and better modding support.

As a result of that Enhanced Edition modding activity was boosted again.
    And these mods are really awesome!

When playing the game with all these mods after so many years again I felt happy like a child at christmas. :D

So I was really wondering:

A) What would happen if the Civ4Col-Community could inspire Firaxis or some other publisher to make a "Civ4Col Enhanced Edition"?
    (Ideally reusing some of the great ideas and features from RaR/WtP.)

B) What would happen then if as a consequence of that "Civ4Col Enhanced Edition" a big team of modders for Civ4Col could be started again?
    (Something like in the "Golden Days of Civ4Col-modding" when TAC and RaR where still highly active.)

Well, I know it is highly unlikely that some publisher will ever do such a "Civ4Col Enhanced Edition". :(
    (According to all I know Civ4Col was considered a sales failure.)

But sometimes I am still dreaming of those "Golden Days of Civ4Col-modding". :)

CptBadger likes this.
  6. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

That is a shame. It had my support and money.

CptBadger likes this.