Questions about this mod

Alex76

Chieftain
First question is about Fixed border, I have monarchy set as civic which should enable fixed border, I claim a nobody territory tile with a unit, next turn, the tile is in my border, the tile will stay in my territory as long as I have a unit on it, but if my unit leave the tile, then the tile will return to nobody the turn after, is this normal behavior? From the mod description, it seem the tile should stay in my border as long as it isn't claim by someone else.

2nd question, it's about range unit like archer and slinger, I don't seem to have a button to range attack another unit, description say it have range 1, shortcut key B is bind to Border patrol instead of bombard, and if I right click a tile to attack, it does a standard move attack instead of range attack, how does one do a range attack with archer or slinger?

3rd question, I've installed the mega civ pack, but I have 3 xml error warning about an undefined TECH_CAVALRY_TACTICS, they are for Mexico, Poland and Denmark special cavalry units, I saw in the patch note for a new dawn that they recently remove that tech from the tech tree, any idea how I can modify these XML to get back these 3 unit and get rid of the error?

Thanks

Fixed borders does indeed hold territory only as long as a unit is on it or your natural cultural borders expand to hold it. There is a lot of text that needs to be rewritten, but I don't want to do that until everything else is settled.

Ranged attacks use the blue promotion-background icon with yellow arrows. If you don't see that option, check your BUG options by clicking the little "bug" icon in the upper-left corner or pressing Ctrl-Alt-O. Under the RevDCM tab (second option), Archer Bombard needs to be turned on.

To fix the XML error, find TECH_CAVALRY_TACTICS in the UnitInfos file and change it to TECH_FLINTLOCK. You can do this with any text editor.

I somehow missed the Archer Bombard option in the bug options, check it and now have the bombard icon, also changed the XML for the 3 units that gave me the error.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm enjoying the mod so far, I used to play Rise of Mankind before Civ V came out, now got bored with V and VI and just got back to IV with A New Dawn, it just feel a more complete and more challenging game than V and VI are...

I wish there was a similar mod for V or VI but havent find anything so far,

Thanks!

3rd question, I've installed the mega civ pack, but I have 3 xml error warning about an undefined TECH_CAVALRY_TACTICS, they are for Mexico, Poland and Denmark special cavalry units, I saw in the patch note for a new dawn that they recently remove that tech from the tech tree, any idea how I can modify these XML to get back these 3 unit and get rid of the error?
THX for noting that. I will fix is ASAP.

Heyhey!
I started playing A New Dawn a couple of days ago and after a few miscalculated early tactics and decisions I`m now enjoying myself as Romans. Pillage and murder, good times.
Only thing is - it`s all coming too easy because AI seems to only build slingers, archers and spearmen (even civs that have access to horses and copper) What`s up with that :O
Also I haven`t yet seen a single ship.
??

Top Bottom