Questions about UN victory and Defensive Pacts

FM_Freyland

Vote with your wallets!
Hello all

I have the UN victory enabled. For the last 8 elections, I was just short of what I thought was required to win. On the last election, my competitor suddenly seemed to have pulled ahead! He had 364 of 360 votes required. But.... the game didn't end, nor even indicate that he (Ghandi) had won. What am I missing?

I have never been able to have defensive pacts with more than one Civ at a time. Even when a second Civ was 'friendly', the option was not even there. Is this supposed to be the case?

Thanks

Jonathan

Hello FM_Freyland, was this the election for secretary general of the UN?

The UN is a bit different in CIV than in previous civ games. In this game, once someone wins the first election, they do not win the game, but instead become the secretary general. Ever 4 or 5 turns (can't remember which) the Sec Gen will get the opportunity to choose a resolution for everyone to vote on. For example, there is a resolution to give everyone +1 trade routes. There is also one to force universal suffrage on everyone. Finally, there is a choice that by a 2/3 majority wins a diplomatic victory. Once you become the sec gen, you can thenstart a new vote to elect yourself a diplomatic victory. If that option isn't taken, after a certain number of turns there will be new elections for Sec Gen and the position could change hands. For more detailed info on how it works, consult the Civilopedia or the manual.

Top Bottom