Questions about Wonders

I would prefer not to see that level of tuning myself, as there are already cases in DoC where landing a particular wonder is its own UHV or pivotal to a UHV (e.g. Babylon and Oracle), such that only a few civs get the opportunity to build a particular wonder, and I don’t like the idea of even more wonders becoming more and more specific by only having bonuses for one civ or region. Religion gating is already locking the player out of a large number of wonders, and at least there you can make a really dedicated effort to get around the limitation, like converting to Islam as China to use the Taj Mahal for UHV3. I think it’s a good feature that most modern wonders drop their religious requirements.

In general, I think that if a certain benefit is really that important to a civ’s identity that it absolutely has to have it, then I’d rather that be built into its UP/UB/UUs than a wonder. Some of the most fun I have in civ is getting to see new combinations of bonuses and effects interact, and that means the more wonders (and civics, tech bonuses, etc.) I can use and plan around, the better.

Another very small wonder-related question: would it be possible to list the wonders associated with each religion on each religion's civilopedia page? I remember seeing something like it in the list of changes but having that kind of list accessible in game would be nice .

THIS please. I'm often browsing the Civpedia wonder for wonder for wonder to find out which religion applies in which way. Listing all wonders on a religion's page would be great. (Of course, some wonders have several religious prerequisites).

While that still technically happens, this only counts for the original owner, not any future conquerors. Imo there should be a building that provides extra culture for every obsolete building, i.e. most Wonders, Walls, Castles, Monasteries and in the very late game Stables. Historical city walls, castles and monasteries are after all popular tourist destinations in many places, and the culture from Stables represents how people still use horse drawn carriages for city tours in cities like Vienna, not to mention that many people ride horses for fun and that there is still a ceremonial function for cavalry in many countries.

Maybe this would make for a good additional effect for the Hotel?
Or for the museum? The Hotel is quite powerful as it is already. Possibly, make the museum with just this effect (+1 culture for all obsolete buildings in a city) a separate building, and rename the current "museum" to "great museum" or something similar.

THIS please. I'm often browsing the Civpedia wonder for wonder for wonder to find out which religion applies in which way. Listing all wonders on a religion's page would be great. (Of course, some wonders have several religious prerequisites).

If there is still a little space in the tech tree, it would be also awesome there. I often chose my tech depending on the wonders they will unlock. But if it's a wonder I cannot build because of religion, I wasted rushing that tech.

Do you mean the tech tree should only list wonders you can build with your current state religion?

In the tech tree? Could be possible, but not necessarily easily.

Maybe you could list each religion’s affiliated wonders on their Civpedia pages?

And/or each religion’s Civpedia page could include an image of the tech tree with tech’s that allow you to build that religion’s wonders highlighted with a golden glow effect.

Last idea (and probably hardest lift), add that golden glow effect straight to the tech tree for the player’s current religion. So if you’re Protestant, for example, all techs that enable Protestant wonders are surrounded in a golden glow.

I have a somewhat related question. Why cant I build the classical wonders as Maya?
I have in my current game the techs for the great cothon and the hanging gardens, but I cant build them.
They dont show up in the wonder list at the info screen that show all wonders already built.
Were they already built in a now destroyed city or can they only be built in the Old world?
In the civilopedia it only says they require the pagan religion.

I have a somewhat related question. Why cant I build the classical wonders as Maya?
I have in my current game the techs for the great cothon and the hanging gardens, but I cant build them.
They dont show up in the wonder list at the info screen that show all wonders already built.
Were they already built in a now destroyed city or can they only be built in the Old world?
In the civilopedia it only says they require the pagan religion.
If someone has the technology that obsoletes them, they can't be built.

Is it not that if you have the tech that obsoletes them, you cannot build it, but others still can?
In vanilla? Yes. In DoC it was changed so that the effects are obsoleted when you have the obsoletion tech, but construction is obsoleted when anyone has the obsoletion tech.

In vanilla? Yes. In DoC it was changed so that the effects are obsoleted when you have the obsoletion tech, but construction is obsoleted when anyone has the obsoletion tech.
...When was this changed? That seems like it'd have a pretty sizable impact on gameplay.

Yeah, it's true. I think it happened along with the introduction of the new tech tree, but I don't remember exactly.

Some ideas of LATE World Wonders

Well... as You know Russia and the United States have very complex third UHV: perhaps it's possible to discuss about at least two wonders which can help them

ARTEK (gobal child's camp)
ARTEK built after October' Revolution in the mid of 1920s: but it transformed into very popular place only in the post-war Era.
In reality it was rare symbol of Soviet soft Power on the same time USSR try to "educate" loyal future public leaders. Kremlin promote it like a place where children from friendly countries have straight communciation and common activities. Russia need at least five friendly civ run by Planned Economy Civic - so this Wonder get Civ so called French Power (diplomatic penalties etc)
On the same time it get extra spy points for each russian vassal which help change civic using spies:) Andropov's gameplay style!

Technology: Tourism and/or Psychology. Need "warm" degree (the same story as Space Port - bot other degrees, not higher than Black Ses Coast for examle)

Alternative way: Leoreth have demonstrated there is possibility to check Russian Third UHV using great statesman unique skills so this Wonder could give one free statesman in capital per EACH Planned Economy Civ. Simulation of Soviet Establishment' infuence to communistic leaders behind the world.

IMF (International Monetary Fund)
America and its vassals need control at least 75% of world commerce, right?
I think nation which built IMF need first af all staight commerce bonus
For example one trade roure in the city for EACH alive civilization run by Free Trade Civic.
I think it will a liitle bit pushing to "open" new markets and even try change civic to Free Trade for this bonus.

Technology: globalizm/macroecomics (?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom