Questions & Answers

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by merijn_v1, Aug 12, 2010.

1. dknight237

dknight237 Chieftain

do the mongols ever show up as independents/barbarians?

2. dknight237

dknight237 Chieftain

why not add more civs, or alternate history events

3. micbic

micbic Optimistic Pessimist

Yes, around 1250. Beware.

Game speed. You wouldn't want to wait 10 min per turn, would you?

4. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

This is a minor point, considering how much is already featured in this excellent mod -- I thought I'd just toss this to see if anyone is interested.

Fortresses/fortifications don't work against gunpowder units, however, fortresses changed at the end of the middle ages as a result of gunpowder. They went from tall walls and towers to star-shaped, low-rising fortifications.

There currently is nothing in the game about "upgrading" medieval fortifications to the star-shaped design, which should work against gunpowder. Any interest, or is this just too much trouble?

There could be a new tech for these kinds of fortifications, which would allow the (re-)building of fortifications to the more modern architecture. There also ought to be a new type of fortification that automatically bombards adjacent enemy ships (one shot per adj. space entered, and/or one shot per turn spent in an adj. space).

5. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

We already are in Beta. (Beta 2 to be precise.)

6. The Imperium

The Imperium Chieftain

What are the factors in deciding who will lead the crusade? and can it be a human player?

7. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

When developing games you pass through alpha to then reach beta. During the beta process you eventually reach the conclusion that the game is good enough for a release. V1.0 that is.

Clear what I am getting at? I´ve played this game in beta for months. And beta 2 also.

8. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

A vote takes place between the two most liked civs i think. Which must be catholic.

9. Zipzapzup

Zipzapzup Warlord

All catholic civs, which contribute to the crusade (afaik the AI allways does) will vote for the canidate they like the most. The canidates are the most powerful civ and the most favored by the Pope.

10. sedna17

sedna17 Emperor

A new "star-shaped" fortification for cities along these lines is actually on my to-do list. Adding the ability to bombard adjacent enemy ships would be great, but a lot more work (as such an ability is not part of the standard game).

11. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

Awesome! Will the graphic look of the fortress change as well (the geometric pattern)?

I figured since nobody did anything about port defenses that it was too much trouble coding. Oh well. ;)

Another such function (read: pipe dream) would be an intercept mission for ships (automatically attacking enemy ships within a short range, say 2-3 spaces, a bit like air units.) The mission is only available to combat ship (not those normally used as transports).

12. sedna17

sedna17 Emperor

Ah, I was talking about an updated "city-wall" not a change to the fort tile improvement. I don't think fortresses are useful enough to warrant changes, are they?

13. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

I wasn't thinking about the tile improvement, only the city fortification. Will its appearance change with the star-patterned style? Changing the tile improvement looks would also be nice (as in the Fall from Heaven mod), but only if effects are different, I would think (perhaps a defensive bonus in adjacent squares).