Questions Concerning Strategic Resources

_Calyx

Warlord
Lets say that my empire lacks coal, so I trade with China to get some, which lasts for 30 turns. In those 30 turns, I use the coal to build a couple of factories and some ironclads.

After the 30 turns are up, I loose the coal, and I now have "-5" displayed in the coal box.

Does this negative amount of coal do anything? Do my factories stop working? Is there a penalty for my ironclads?

Lets say that my empire lacks coal, so I trade with China to get some, which lasts for 30 turns. In those 30 turns, I use the coal to build a couple of factories and some ironclads.

After the 30 turns are up, I loose the coal, and I now have "-5" displayed in the coal box.

Does this negative amount of coal do anything? Do my factories stop working? Is there a penalty for my ironclads?

Factories lose their effect. Military units suffer a 33% combat penalty.

Nasty little trick... sell (for lump-sum of gold) strategic resource to AI opponent. Then, shortly after that, DoW him; If he didn't build any units with it, then you still get your resource back AND you keep the gold. If he did build units with it, you get all that AND his units will be pushovers.

Top Bottom