questions on cities changing owners

-When a city flips to an AI by culture, are the citizens converted to that nationality or will they remain mine (and thus be happy when i recapture the city)

-When a city flips to an AI by culture, will any non cultural buildings be lost ?

-When i conquer a city from an AI, buildings will usually be lost. How does the game decide what buildings are lost?. I know all cultural buildings are lost, but how about the other ones, will you lose a certain % of buildings, or a certain number, is there a minimum and maximum ?

These questions are primarily important because i have a city under cultural pressure and i need this information to decide iif i should start a war to prevent the flip or wait for the flip and then take it back.
This specific city has 1 building: A granary.

WackenOpenAir said:
-When a city flips to an AI by culture, are the citizens converted to that nationality or will they remain mine (and thus be happy when i recapture the city)

I'm not sure of this but I think they remain yours (but someone else has to confirm this)

WackenOpenAir said:
-When a city flips to an AI by culture, will any non cultural buildings be lost ?

No, nor are wonders.

WackenOpenAir said:
-When i conquer a city from an AI, buildings will usually be lost. How does the game decide what buildings are lost?. I know all cultural buildings are lost, but how about the other ones, will you lose a certain % of buildings, or a certain number, is there a minimum and maximum ?

As far as I know the buildings will only disappear if you bombard the city and hit them. Or if the AI sells them one turn before they lose the city.

WackenOpenAir said:
These questions are primarily important because i have a city under cultural pressure and i need this information to decide iif i should start a war to prevent the flip or wait for the flip and then take it back.
This specific city has 1 building: A granary.

Is the granary there becouse of the Pirimids great wonder? or did the city build it there?
If you have the Pirimids GW, then you shouldn't worry about it becouse it will instantly appear if you enconquer it, or any other city for that matter.
If the city build it itself then I'm going to have to ask you: why did you order some city far away from your capital on the border of your empire to build a granery?

If you are able to kick an other civ off your continent, then by all means, do so! Regardless of if they are bothering you or not, even if they have been friends in the past.
Once you have a whole continent for yourself you no longer need to worry about culture flipping city's at all.

If it is on an other continent, just keep it at size 1 and place 4 mil units inside, then it will never flip.

The citizens will still be of your nationality.
As for the granary, i am not sure how high the risk is.

The citizens will be of your nationality and no noncultural buildings will be lost. No buildings will be lost if you capture a city with only your citizens, and a little other testing had about 25% probability for each building to be destroyed from totally foreign cities.

that said, eventually your citizens will become the other civs nationality, same as if their city flipped to you. It takes awhile, though...

AutomatedTeller said:
that said, eventually your citizens will become the other civs nationality, same as if their city flipped to you. It takes awhile, though...
A sooner problem would be new citizens (obviously not a problem when capturing the city one turn after flipping); that would be one thing I would test if I decided to do further testing.

If Wacken is under cultural pressure and worried about it, it must be a Sid game ;)

Top Bottom