Questions on # of Civs & Campaigns/Scenarios

jcikal

The Voice of Reason
1) What is the maximum number of civs that you can play against at the same time? I know that with Conquests, you had up to 31. Could all 31 play at the same time?

2) What is the difference between campaigns and scenarios?

3) On scenarios, how many turns does it take to complete the scenario?

4) Does anyone know if in the upcoming Civ4, will the leaders speak? or will we have to read what they way?

5) I am assuming that to create new civs, I can pretty much use any Poser figure I create and transfer it with animations included into the Civ game. Is this correct?

Thanks for any info.

Wow! Lots of questions.

Not sure what you mean by question #1, but basically if you can squeeze 31 civs into the biq file, then all 31 can play. It isn't like Civ1, where you had 21 civs, but there was three for each color.

3) It depends on the scenario.

4) I don't know, but you can ask in the Civ4 subforums.

5) I don't mod, but you can ask that in the Creation & Customization subforums.

2 is kinda bugging me...we don't use the term 'campaigns' with Civ3. So I'm unsure as if it should be lumped into the scenarios, or if you mean modpacks....

Not a lot of info, but it should get you pointed to the right place.

Clarifications:

On question #1: What I mean is the total number of opponents you play against (single player mode). For example in the original Civ3 (before conquests), you could play against a maximum of 5 opponents. I was wondering if that number had gone up with conquests. In other words, how many opponents can you play against in conquests?

On question #2: What I mean is that usually a campaign is made up of various scenarios, while a scenario is usually stand-alone, once the scenario is over that's the end of the game. In a campaign, once scenario #1 is over, you move to scenario #2 (assuming of course you were able to survive). Is it possible to play various scenarios in Civ3, one after the other?

concerning 1: If you use default rules, there's a map-size depending limit: max 4 civs on tiny, 6 on small, 8 on standard, 12 on large and 16 on huge maps.
(btw, this used to be like that in vanilla before: maybe you always played small maps with the max of 5 AI rivals, meaning 6 civs in total;))
You could alter the limitation in the editor. Go to "scenario", check "custom rules", then go to "rules" > "edit" > "world sizes" and make your pick/change.

jcikal said:
Clarifications:
On question #2: What I mean is that usually a campaign is made up of various scenarios, while a scenario is usually stand-alone, once the scenario is over that's the end of the game. In a campaign, once scenario #1 is over, you move to scenario #2 (assuming of course you were able to survive). Is it possible to play various scenarios in Civ3, one after the other?

You answered your own definition question. The only campaign is the conquests themselves as created by the game makers. Everything else is a stand alone mod or scenario.

Top Bottom