1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions on the Armageddon counter

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Aroldo, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Aroldo

Aroldo Chieftain

In general, once the counter reaches any of those tresholds which cause something to happen in the world (blight, those strange guys entering the world...), is it possible to lower it once more below it?

In my current game the counter went up to 45 or something like that, then moved back but never once more below 40, even though I cast two sanctifies on two different city ruins when it was exactly 40.

Also, is there any counter to the effect of blight?

2. BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone Windbag of the sea

Lots of workers :) That, and some terraforming mages/druids if it hits later on. The counter can drop depending on various events - razing veil cities and killing Hyborem have a pretty hefty effect. The various AC effects will (now) only hit once - if the counter goes back below 40 and then above it again, you don't need to worry (especially).

3. Aroldo

Aroldo Chieftain

Thanks Beef.

So you say it's possible to lower the counter below a given treshold it previously reached (and of course you won't trigger the same "armageddon" effect should it move past the treshold a second time). Fine, but then I'm confused. Am I mistaken, or is it true that each time you use sanctify on the ruins of a razed city the counter goes back 1 point? As I said, used it twice and the counter stayed at 40...

Also, about those terraforming mages/druids you talked about, does every civilization have access to at least one unit of that sort?

4. AlazkanAssassin

AlazkanAssassin Engineer

Sanctify is broken in version .20, it is fixed in version .21

And yes, every civ can get terraforming units.

5. Aroldo

Aroldo Chieftain

I see. Thanks guys...

6. Gamestation

Gamestation Introducing Servo

Everyone except the Khazad can build terraforming druids (if neutral) or nature III archmages (level up an adept/mage all the way to level six). High priests of leaves can also terraform.

7. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Chieftain

And anyone can easily get spring if you build 1 water mana and an adept.

8. Go Boks

Go Boks Chieftain

I was about to say Khazad can terraform (if only in limited ways).

BTW, what happens when you inquisition AV from a city? Does the counter drop?

9. cvlowe

cvlowe Chieftain

Other than springing adepts, how does Khazad get them?

10. Kael

Kael Chieftain

If they worshipped the Leaves they could use fellowship priests/high priests to do it.

11. cvlowe

cvlowe Chieftain

Ahh drat. Change whole religion to improve a couple cities- more effort than it's worth... Though I did just take over the leaves holy city. Ljosalfar was trying to build the altar, I just HAD to declare war on them :lol: