The Cult- Pristinus Pass

Against the Wall- Deruptus Mountains

Beneath the Heal- Finnian Fields

Mulcarn Reborn- Aquilo Tundra

Barbarian Assault- Labrascum

The Splintered Court- Umbrawood

Gift of Kylorin- Aestus Estas

Lord of the Balors- Fane of Lessers

Please post any ideas or facts you have about them.

Momus is another name for Perpentach so i would assume this scenario would focus on him heavily. The cliffs of hastur is also where lita the witch, mother of mardero, was thrown off of. so it could involve lita as well.

The Aegean is where the Octopus Overlords dwell, so the Menagerie might involve them. Mulcarn reborn probably focuses on Auric, or even scarier, Mulcarn be re-asended, and free in creation once more. Beneath the Heal seems to have dragon bones in the picture.

This might be both of the Elven civs, or just one?

Against the Grey- Aster Wastes

While Aster is the name of a flower, the word itself is derived from greek meaning star. So Aster Wastes means Waste of the Stars or the Stellar Wastes? Of course though, I may be putting too much meaning into it and it's just a wasteland. It's also the name of one of Mulcarns Disciples, from AoI.

Against the Wall- Deruptus Mountains
Somehow this makes me think of volcanoes...

Blood of Angels- Grigi Plains

The Grigi Plains has been mentioned before, in the FFH history where Kylorin's student of Body magic's experiments killed all the animals on the Grigi Plains. Also it could be the home territory of the Grigiori.

While searching through FFH AoI, I got some hits for grigi, but they were in grigio and grigia, both italian. I did a google translation and both of them mean grey, at least thats the rough translation.

Through the Fire- Aduro Straight

The Aduro Straight is mentioned in Abashi the Black Dragon's entry, apparently the site of a massive battle between angels and demons.

I have to go to a movie - not much time - a good resource would be Nikis-Knight's map (found in his huge scenerio or in loocas' pdf on the lore of FfH).

While the two sources do not match - they are close. I suspect the map in the pdf was first and that the land masses in the scenerio were changed over time to make the play better/ballanced.

Barbarian Assault is set in Labrascum, which appears to be a barbarian strong region.
Edit: And a Fane is a Temple, so the Fane of Lessers could be some sort of Demonic temple.

For some reason the vista search engine for the computer files is not getting hits for grigi in the main FFH2 folder, but is for gri. Sometimes Vista is quirky like that :p .

Edit: apparently Grigori is spelled like the way I just did and not grigiori, which could have been part of it.

Wow, just looked up definition of Grigori. I didn't know any of this.

Wow, just looked up definition of Grigori. I didn't know any of this.

Kael's done his research properly. Game's full of references to and/or inspirations of various mythologies like that. ;)

Against the Heel at the Finnian Fields really seems to me like a small party of people from the Lanun and its name seems to convey a sense of urgancy.

If Blood of Angels involves the Grigori then it seems as if there could be more to Minister Koun then meets the eye possibly some sort of radical uprising against Cassiel or when he takes power he adopts extremist policies. Perhaps learning of the compact and attempting to enforce it against the worst offender he could find probably Basium.

Grand Menagerie- Aegean Isles
The Aegean Islands are home of the Octopus Overlords, and known for their exceptional beauty (Einon's pedia). I assume they would be the Erebusian counterpart of the Carribean Islands.

The Momus- Cliffs of Hastur
The Momus is Perepntach, and the CLiffs of Hastur are home to the Demonic Archangel Hastur, archangel of Mammon. He is the one who controls Daladin, and in turn, the Octopus Overlords.

Return of Winter- Letum Frigus
Letum Frigus means Cold Winter (I think) and was the home of Mulcarn on Erebus, as well as his death site.

Blood of Angels- Grigi Plains
Grigi plains is likley the home of Cassiel and the Grigori.

The Cult- Pristinus Pass
Obviously the holy site of the Cult of the Dragon.

Barbarian Assault- Labrascum
Labruscum is the Barbarian capital. Orthus is it's King, and the Bannor escaped from hell to here.

I believe this is where both elven factions dwell. If not, probably the Svartalfar home.

Gift of Kylorin- Aestus Estas
Ruffly translated this is the Hot Summer. I assume Kylorin lives here. Perhaps it is the opposite of the Letum Frigus, the island in the AoI sceanario.

Lord of the Balors- Fane of Lessers
The Lord of Balors is Hyborem. Lessers refers to Lesser Demons- Demons who were once humans.

A fane is a Temple, and Aegean are like the Carbean, if their were mind bending monster living below them;).

The Aegean Sea is the home to the Ovelords. The Islands in that sea are known for their beauty. I'd bet that the Lanun have lots of ports there.

The Momus is the clown who's carnies stumbled within range of Perpentach's mind control. At some point Perpentach transferred his consciousness to Momus. The Perpentach of the Age of Rebirth is called Momus, as that is his host and probably one of hsi stronger personalities.

Letum Frigus means Cold Ruin, not Cold Winter. The use of this term in AoI was probably an anachronism. Letum Frigus is the Ruined Palace from which Mulcarn ruled in the Age of Ice.

I imagine the Aegean Sea quest would probably revolve around the true nature of the Octolords, seeing as how, unlike the other religions, no one is quite sure what drives any of it.

My money is on a giant psychotic anything.

On second thought, since the gran menagerie is a (balseraph?) wonder created from having all of the creature and slave cages, perhaps its a scenario that revolves around slave trade/culture warring.

The Momus is the clown who's carnies stumbled within range of Perpentach's mind control. At some point Perpentach transferred his consciousness to Momus. The Perpentach of the Age of Rebirth is called Momus, as that is his host and probably one of hsi stronger personalities.

Wouldn't that make his host over 350 years old? Probably more like over 400 since he escaped some time before the age of ice began.

I would agree that it probably is one of his stronger personalities since he was likely imprisioned for many decades and he had streched his mind pretty thin piggybacking on the guy.

I really doubt that his host would have survived for the 350 years of the age of ice and it is already known that Perpentach can jump between hosts at will. So he could just switch to a younger host when he felt that his current host was dying or was going to die soon.

Well, the problem with that is that Perpentach was imprisoned in the Tower of Eyes specifically so that there would be no possible hosts within the range of his mental powers. Thus, the body he was in at the end of the Age of Magic would have had to have lasted that long. Men from earlier ages did have much longer lifespans, but he was still probably very close to death when The Momus stumbled within his range.

He did have access to lots of magic that could help sustain him though. His mind probably contains a copy of every great sorcerer from the age of magic. Hmm...you don't suppose he used knowledge from his copy of Laroth to trade a portion of his soul for long live (like the Sidar did), do you?

Of course, we're forgetting that 'the grey' are the Sidar...

So the aster wastes would have to be some kind of wasteland, obviously. I don't know whether the sidar actually need food since Sandalphon's pedia entry describes him as essentially a ghost and that he took a while to get used to not having the pleasures of food and music. It could be that the transformation to a shade makes you an almost emotionless shell. Still, the human members of the Sidar who have not reached that point of becoming a shade probably still need sustenance.

It's also possible that the Aster Wastes is just in a part of Sidar territory and they have other places that can produce food for those that still need it.

Does anybody else think the name Aster Wastes has more meaning to it? like the Wasteland of Stars, Cosmic Wastes, or am I trying to put too much meaning in it where there isn't much meaning at all?

Top Bottom