Quick and Dirty Culture Victory Guide

Thanks. Based on feedback from the fastest competitors in the recent Hall of Fame minor gauntlet, I've adjusted the single city cultural path to put Religious Tolerance before Patronage.

Thanks for this awesome guide, after reading it I managed to score my first ever win with cultural victory...and I have struggled so long and hard to win on immortal woth science/domination etc but never even once attempted cultural...thanks!

Thank you. I added a link to the thread below that breaks down policy costs by number of policies and number of cities. I also mention a little bit about the reduced policy costs per city on a large/huge map and how that makes a wide culture win on huge possible (if not pleasant ;)).

Also, I used to make the mistake myself of thinking the policy costs go up exponentially per city founded. They don't. I've made that explicit.

Cost of Social Policies (Updated)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=446603

Thanks for this guide Kirbdog. Very helpful.

I just won my first Culture victory, emperor difficulty (on my 2nd try). First try I got bogged down in a 500-year war with Elizabeth. I was fending her off with outdated tech, but she had already swallowed up two other civs and eventually she won space race while I still needed a couple policies.

2nd try - I won with Catherine, about 1930AD. My fifth policy was patronage, which really helped me befriend the city states. Always winning the culture and religion quests helps a lot too. Had two neighbors on my continent who I managed to kinda play against each other so there was no dominant power next to me. They both DoWed me but I held them off. Not sure how I managed to keep the other AIs (especially Alex) from attacking but they stayed away. Does not having a coastal city make them less inclined to invade?

It seems to me like the main problem is not getting killed while focusing on culture.

I like the idea of opening Liberty before Tradition. My GE popped just in time for Oracle in the second city. I think I followed the directions pretty well, but the AI science victory came too early (turn 330). This was 3 cities as India, fractal, immortal, everything standard. I had Terracotta Army, the Oracle, the Sistine Chapel, and the Louvre, but I was just too far tech wise behind the board leader (Haile) to ever war with him (although, I did try at the end). At the end I had 585 bpt, 96 gpt, 46 happy, 264 cpt, and 31 fpt. I am thinking it must be my middle game? Or maybe just bad luck drawing Haile? (He also had the CS allied, and was a fully policy tree ahead of me!)

What is your favorite Civ to go cultural with? I'm fond of Sweden.

Top Bottom