Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Yeah, that would mean it's a 'home' key, where you put your fingers for touch-typing. It's either the j&f key, or the k&d keys. Depends on the keyboard.

I've got the Steam version of Civ3 complete and am getting the error code 13 font error thing. I've googled around but get non-working/contradictory fixes.

After adding the Civ3 version of lsans to windows/fonts I deleted fonts until there were less than 220, but that didn't fix it either.

Given that this sounds like a really ******ed bug to have in a game surely there must be some kind of community fix?

I've got the Steam version of Civ3 complete and am getting the error code 13 font error thing. I've googled around but get non-working/contradictory fixes.

After adding the Civ3 version of lsans to windows/fonts I deleted fonts until there were less than 220, but that didn't fix it either.

Given that this sounds like a really ******ed bug to have in a game surely there must be some kind of community fix?

Seems to be quite common problem.

Few posts I searched through:
Solution #1
Sticky (goes for error 28, but maybe works with 13 too?)

If none above posts work then First, go to Advanced Search choose Civilization III technical support and search for "Font Error" Gives several threads.

If these do not help, make post into this sub-forum. Provide as many details as you can.

Hope It works out.

Yeah, all the fixes refer to lsans.fot which I don't have anywhere on my computer. I don't know if thats unique to the Steam version or what. I don't believe its a hidden file either.

Why'd the old thread get closed?

It's only ten as big as when they close threads in OT.

Because I felt like starting a new thread.

Also, I seem to remember that threads over 10k posts in vB tend to drastically reduce forum performance. Or maybe I want to remember that....

Anyways, periodically we close it and start a new thread.

ı have long believed the guy who announced discoveries in Civ1 was Sid Meier , who also , in my view appears as the science advisor in Civ 3 . Assuming they are real people , who are the other advisors then ?

ı have long believed the guy who announced discoveries in Civ1 was Sid Meier , who also , in my view appears as the science advisor in Civ 3 . Assuming they are real people , who are the other advisors then ?

I think this is just true for Sid to honour him as the creator of the series...

Yeah man Sid rox! Hes a really great guy. Theres another board game designer from Germany, dont remember whats his name, hes creator of Settlers of Catan. And also Richard Garfield, designer/creator of Magic The Gathering. Those three i will always remember as guys who's minds dont have boundaries, endless flow of information and data and ideas. They are also one of few, if i'm not mistaken, who really earn their living by game designing:D

Yeah man Sid rox! Hes a really great guy. Theres another board game designer from Germany, dont remember whats his name, hes creator of Settlers of Catan. And also Richard Garfield, designer/creator of Magic The Gathering. Those three i will always remember as guys who's minds dont have boundaries, endless flow of information and data and ideas. They are also one of few, if i'm not mistaken, who really earn their living by game designing:D

Will Wright?

I changed corruption on Monarch level to be 33% in the CivConquest editor, but it seems to only affected me, not the AI. I was wondering why I was 6 techs ahead of every one halfway through the Ancient Era....How would this fixed to also include AI corruption levels?

I want to get interested in Civ3 and get good at it. Should I start with a small map and duel the AI at first or start a huge game and go from there.

I want to get interested in Civ3 and get good at it. Should I start with a small map and duel the AI at first or start a huge game and go from there.
I would suggest neither. Huge and small maps tend to distort the game somewhat. I'd stick with a standard map, continents, standard number of civs. I say "standard number of civs" because changing the number of civs in the game changes the frequency with which resources appear. You don't want to get stuck on a huge map, going for conquest victory against 1 or 2 AI opponents, only to discover that the only sources of coal are halfway around the world, and the AI hasn't been bright enough to hook them up. Anyway, I think what I've suggested will give you a feel for sort of a generic Civ 3 game. Once you've gotten the hang of that, then start tinkering with settings.

Oh, and don't forget to hit the War Academy.

I changed corruption on Monarch level to be 33% in the CivConquest editor, but it seems to only affected me, not the AI. I was wondering why I was 6 techs ahead of every one halfway through the Ancient Era....How would this fixed to also include AI corruption levels?

Maybe they're not playing on monarch? Try setting it to 33% on all difficulty levels.

Top Bottom