1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Combat offense is always on

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by civRookieGr, Jul 24, 2018.

1. civRookieGr

civRookieGr Chieftain

I play c2c on latest svn but also on v38.5 quick combat offense option is always on. I checked my options and i have it unchecked. It is nice to see the animations of guns and tanks firing. After a while i enable quick combat on offense and defense and no combat zoom to speed up the game and avoid crashes of the game. How can I enable these combat animations?

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

since the core graphic part of the game engine leaves us unable to code onto it, when we have a major set of problems like we have had with crashes in the engine, some animation sequences have had to be disabled. I don't think all are disabled but maybe something has happened to disable them that I'm not aware of. Regardless, it's a tough place to interface with in coding and we've run up against lots of crashes there.

3. civRookieGr

civRookieGr Chieftain

Playing on Svn 10144 seems the battle animations to be back again, problem solved(except stack attacks), good to feel the sound of units in war-battles again:).

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

wow... cool. I was wondering if I had incidentally fixed that a while back with some adjustments that might have. Good to hear you're getting away with having the anims.

tmv and civRookieGr like this.
  5. Tajo

Tajo Chieftain

I would also like to decide myself if the combat animation are on or off in V38,5.

6. civRookieGr

civRookieGr Chieftain

Mr Tajo play on the latest SVN version of c2c, for instructions see first comment from C2C SVN Changelog in general caveman2cosmos thread.

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

8. civRookieGr

civRookieGr Chieftain

Updating the SVN(10144 to 10151) the problem is back, I speculate that compile-debug the dll file had corrected the problem.

9. Tajo

Tajo Chieftain

I know but the animations do not show even when enabled from options in V38.5.

10. civRookieGr

civRookieGr Chieftain

Until the C2C team release a newer version, you can play the SVN version of c2c which is weekly updated (see first comment https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/c2c-svn-changelog.429816/), 38.5 version is final and has this bug.

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It's also possible that you were just getting lucky - it would not plague all games equally for whatever reason.