1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Combat setting

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Victorvanwavere, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Victorvanwavere

Victorvanwavere Chieftain

Is there a way to use "Quick Compat" once you've already started a game with that option not selected in the Advanced Game Setup?

Or an option to have that check-box always selected for new games. I looked in the "UserSettings.ini", or one of the other .ini fiels and found something there, but it does not seem to work.

Thanks.

2. Victorvanwavere

Can you enable Quick-Combat in a game once it has already started?

Thanks.

3. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

You have to disable combat animations in the .ini file...both of them to be safe.

4. Victorvanwavere

Thanks, I'll try it out.

5. stormerne

stormerne is just a Retired Moderator

Or just play on the strat map.

6. Izmir Stinger

Izmir Stinger Deity

7. Specialforces

Specialforces Chieftain

Not sure this is a bug or not in g&k release. I find when I select the option button and select 'quick combat' and than when I go to the setup I find both Quick combat and quick movement is selected. Is this a glich or do I need to reset something in the ini file?

Also when I select under the options for Quick Movement and check the advance setup screen i find that the quick movemente is not selected. Is this a glich or do I need to set something in the ini file to make these settings work.

Also when i was playing the game of the month for G&K I found that selecting the options Quick Combat had no effect on the game. Combat animation seemed to be turned on which should have been turned off when I selected Quick Combat. Is this a glich or do I need to reset my ini file to play quick combat?

I did try resetting quick combat in the ini file but had no effect on the on game.

If you have any suggestions how to fix this let me know.

8. kajillion

kajillion Chieftain

They added a choice in option under "game options" to always have quick combat/movement on.

9. Waywocket

Waywocket Chieftain

Setting quick combat from the menus also selects quick movement in advanced options, no matter whether you selected quick movement or not. It's got to be a bug (I posted in the bug forum about it).