Quick Deals - empty window?

petertr2000

Chieftain
Been a long time since I've played Civ, but thought I'd try adding some mods for the first time - so I did some reading and picked some of the most mentioned and installed - and started a new game.

After pinpointing one Mod that caused the game to fail to start, Im a few hundred turns into a game, and I've had a couple of pop ups from Quick Deals - but every time I open the dialog, its totally empty.
Just the title "Quick Deals" and on the right a checkbox for "loc_options_notifications", which is on.

Any idea what might be going on?

Mod conflict perhaps? Without more info (i.e. enabled mods, DB, Modding, Lua logs) it'll be difficult to diagnose.
Sorry, absolute first time I've tried this, so no idea how to properly ask for help
Does the attached help?

Many thanks.

Try again. They show up below this what I'm typing.

Edit: Ok, nothing showing up once I hit post.. What am I doing wrong?

Lets try a format that shows up on the attach dialog....

And yes, that's what it is - has to match the file type requested. Sorry. All 3 logs requested are attached
Hoping it helps?

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 50
I didn't see this before, the lua log has errors
Runtime Error: C:\Users\ptric\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\2460661464\ui\qd_dealpopup.lua:46: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
C:\Users\ptric\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\2460661464\ui\qd_dealpopup.lua:46: in function 'Open'
C:\Users\ptric\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\2460661464\ui\qd_dealpopup.lua:181: in function 'OnProcessNotification'
[C]: in function 'func'
[C]: in function '(anonymous)'
Runtime Error: C:\Users\ptric\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\2460661464\ui\qd_dealpopup.lua:46: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
C:\Users\ptric\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\2460661464\ui\qd_dealpopup.lua:46: in function 'Open'
C:\Users\ptric\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\2460661464\ui\qd_dealpopup.lua:181: in function 'OnProcessNotification'

Any ideas what this could be?

I saw that in your log, but TBH I'm not very well versed in Lua scripting and I don't have the Quick Deals mod installed. I thought you might have a conflict with another mod, but the only other two I saw enabled were JNR's Renewable Energy & Slower Global Warming, neither of which should cause an issue. It also looks like you manually installed Quick Deals into your mod folder rather than subscribing to it via Steam, correct?

My suggestions in order would be:
  • First verify the integrity of your game files through Steam if you've not already done so. If it's been awhile since you've played Civ make sure you're on the latest version of the game (1.0.12.28).
  • Next, if you're manually downloading and installing Quick Deals make sure that you're using the latest version of the mod. Last update was on Feb 18, 2022.
  • If that doesn't work, next try deleting the Mods.sqlite file @ "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods.sqlite" and the three debug files in "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Cache".
  • If that doesn't work then fully unsubscribe/delete all mods and then subscribe/install only Quick Deals. Start a new game making sure not to use a saved configuration.
  • If you're still having an issue submit a Bug Report on the Quick Deals page. I don't know how responsive wltk is, but it's worth a shot - https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/2460661464/5506189390972196042/?ctp=4
  • Lastly, if all that still doesn't fix the issue it could be a problem with the game files. Try uninstalling the game making sure to delete any leftover files/folders in "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI" and "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI", and then do a fresh install.

Thanks. Will try.

Update: All sorted, needed to update the game files. Thanks all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom