Quick help with taking down Egyptians

iatv3

Chieftain
Alright, I'm on the Blitzkrieg! scenario playing as the Aztecs I want to win before 1000 AD so I can get that achievement for the 360. Where I'm standing at right now is kind of tough. I'm at 800 BC, I saved there, and I only have to capture Thebes and then it's over. I have Mathematics which means I can make catapults and such, but whenever I move my catapults in to attack, the defense of Thebes is around 21 with an archer army and my catapults usually don't even kill one archer. I have around 5 legion armies also that I can use to attack but they get blown away by the arches as well. I don't want to keep attacking and losing because they will just get more upgrades or a great general. My 3 main cities are about 3 or 4 turns away from Thebes, so that isn't too bad. But I just need help on how the heck I should take them down. Thanks.

Only attack once you have multiple Catapult armies (also make sure you have a road to a city outside Thebes) since its 800 BC, you have 28 turns, it might be worth building a few settlers if you have some good spots.

so I'd say
1. choke them (fortify archer armies on their 8 tiles... primarily food and production ones)
2. expand a bit (possibly)
3. build catapult armies
4. build spies
5. bring down the defenses and hit hard with the catapult armies (make sure they are Veterans), and then the Legions to Finish them off.

If you can get a Galleon Fleet that can also help (+4 with every attack :)

you might want to use spies to try to bring own the walls as well (if you have enough)

Alright thanks guys I'll try this and I will let you guys know. Thebes doesn't have walls so that is very good. I'll try defending on some of their tiles and keep doing that until I have enough armies of catapults then I'll throw down.

Alright thanks for your help guys, I took them down at 50 AD. I got I think 4 Catapult armies all around their city, along with 5 or 6 legion armies as well. When I was ready to attack I send in a spy to destroy fortifications. I first sent in a legion army that was defeated. Then I started whittling them down until it was down to 4 and 3, and then on my last unit I took over the city. Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom