1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Hunting/Animal Capture questions

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Grunthex, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Grunthex

Grunthex Chieftain

I glanced through the hunter and animal threads, but they didn't seem to answer my questions.

Does having hunting promotions or actual hunters increase your odds of subduing animals you defeat?
    Does the chance of subdual change if you attack or the animal attacks you?
    Does subduing any animals require certain techs?

I'm not looking for all the math, just a general idea on helping myself capture more. This is a great fun part of the mod, and a very nice prehistoric representation. I want to get the most of it.

2. climat

climat Chieftain

Hunting promotions increase odds.

3. EldrinFal

EldrinFal Chieftain

There were fairly recent changes that made it so the Hunter line of units capture better via hunting promotions allowed to them that others cannot get. Intuitively, Hunters SHOULD subdue at a better rate, so the changes were made to reflect that.

If you want to capture animals, use hunters! :D

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

The hunting promotion greatly increases the chance of subduing an animal. Only hunter units can get both hunting promotions. The hill and forest promotions give a slight increase. At one time I was considering having "baby animals" which were those captured by non hunters.

There is no difference between being attacked and attacking an animal.

Subduing does not require any tech but finding a resource instead of subduing does.

5. velosepappe

velosepappe Chieftain

And what would that tech be? I havent found any resource in the game I'm playing now, but I did in earlier games. I'm in early classical so it should have allready happened.