1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick mod question: no cheating?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Better AI' started by Agamemnus, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Warlord

I've been a bit mystified with AI cheating and smartness based on difficulty level in Civ 4... hoping you guys can enlighten me. :confused:

I want the AI to be smart, but not cheat. What should I do?

Q1: Is the regular AI as smart as it can be on Noble?
    Q2: Does the AI cheat at all on Noble?
    Q3: Does this mod disable AI cheating, or is there a way to use this mod to disable AI cheating?

2. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

1: Yes.
    2: No. It does play by slightly different rules though, ie there's no number of cities maintenance cost for the AI.
    3: At higher difficult levels the AI gets bonuses, and no that is not removed because difficulty levels do just that: give penality to the player and bonuses to the AI. If you don't want that, play on Noble.

3. Agamemnus

Agamemnus Warlord

Thanks.

I'd just like to play a completely fair game for once -- ignoring the fact that I can lure the AI and kill its stack. :)

* Are there any mods that remove all the *cough* "different rules" for Noble?

* I also read somewhere (was it here?) that it'd be a problem making things completely even in terms of "rules", because, since the AI tends to over-build military, making the rules the same as for a player would cripple the AI's growth. Is there a mod that could make the AI not do that? (not overbuild military)

4. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

The AI needs more military because compared to a human it just sucks at coordinating its units.
    It needs more cities because it can't place and specialize them as well as a human.
    There are no mods that remove these differences, as far as I know.
    Noble is as "fair" as it gets.