Quick Modding Questions Thread

By music do you mean just main menu music? Thank you clanky you're the best! :)

Clanky :lol: Why :lol: Works great :p

Anyone know where the "fist" icon that appears on the Domestic Adviser screen when you can make a colony is stored? I want to use it for a set of buildings.

In the tga files (res/fonts folder): FontSymbols.OCCUPATION_CHAR.

Hello.

I have a visual Civilopedia inconsistency that I have not been able to get rid of.

Premise: I have tweaked around with Guerilla and Woodsman Promotion line, because they're hardly appealing. The other tweaks aside, I made Cover, and all similar teching Promotions, become options out of Woodsman or Guerilla IorII.

The problem: Now, however, even though these teching promotions show the added prerequisite alternatives correctly, neither Woodsman IorII nor Guerilla IorII show these added promotions on "Leads to"-box. This is annoying when trying to quickly map Promotion tree and see if everything has been coded properly. The Promotions can be chosen as intended ingame.

The question: Is there some other piece of code I need to alter for a Promotion to show in Civilopedia that it leads to another promotion?

Hello.

I have a visual Civilopedia inconsistency that I have not been able to get rid of.

Premise: I have tweaked around with Guerilla and Woodsman Promotion line, because they're hardly appealing. The other tweaks aside, I made Cover, and all similar teching Promotions, become options out of Woodsman or Guerilla IorII.

The problem: Now, however, even though these teching promotions show the added prerequisite alternatives correctly, neither Woodsman IorII nor Guerilla IorII show these added promotions on "Leads to"-box. This is annoying when trying to quickly map Promotion tree and see if everything has been coded properly. The Promotions can be chosen as intended ingame.

The question: Is there some other piece of code I need to alter for a Promotion to show in Civilopedia that it leads to another promotion?

My knowledge on the subject is still less then half of what I want it to be, but I would guess you have to change something in the XML/Text folder for these to appear correctly.

My knowledge on the subject is still less then half of what I want it to be, but I would guess you have to change something in the XML/Text folder for these to appear correctly.

Allright. Have to go and see whether can find the file I need to include in the mod. Thanks.

Ive been modding the xml alot and I ran into a weird bug (probably of my own making). When i start a game, I cant lower my research to produce gold....if I lower my research, my espionage goes up the same amount and if I lower my espionage, my research goes up the same amount.

If I go negative in gold, I have instant troop riots.

What did I mess up?

Okay. I have not been able to locate the file necessary for showing promotions in 'Leads To'-box.
Anyone lend a hand?

Ive been modding the xml alot and I ran into a weird bug (probably of my own making). When i start a game, I cant lower my research to produce gold....if I lower my research, my espionage goes up the same amount and if I lower my espionage, my research goes up the same amount.

If I go negative in gold, I have instant troop riots.

What did I mess up?

All I can say is retrace your steps. Go backwards with what you changed.

Okay. I have not been able to locate the file necessary for showing promotions in 'Leads To'-box.
Anyone lend a hand?

CvPediaPromotion.py in Python/Screens folder. Your changes should appear automatically though.

Turns out, kmod is unique in that it needs gold commerce to be "flexible" unlike the xml of beyond the sword or warlords.

CvPediaPromotion.py in Python/Screens folder. Your changes should appear automatically though.

Okay, found the error.
If anyone is interested, the python never checked for the third or-prerequisite, and thus the promotion never got into "leads to"-box. So I just added that to be a condition, and it worked perfectly. Thanks for help, I would still be scratching my head without it.

There is no 'third or-prerequisite' in BtS. Drill1 leads to Cover and it shows.

K-Mod? It adds a 'third or-prerequisite'.

So, again, it is K-Mod (as per post in respective thread).

You guys should really tell us here what MOD you're MODDING!

Otherwise, you're just waisting everybody's time!

:p

Top Bottom