Quick poll: Should we sign an alliance with the Babylonians against the Persians?

Should we sign an alliance with the Babylonians against Persia?

• Yes

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
I apologize for the short notice of this poll, but, particularly for those who wish to get our warring over with, this would be a very good idea. This alliance will cost us nothing, and should we decide to declare war on the Russians, it would at least raise the price of a Russian/Babylonian alliance against us. Also, we are going to renegotiate our alliance with the Chinese against the Persians in two turns anyway, so another alliance will not extend our war with Persia in any way. If we wait, and do end up signing an alliance with the Babylonians against Persia when war is declared on the Russians, it will be a longer time before any peace deal can be signed with Persia.

By the way, I am quite aware that I am not supposed to post quick polls about alliances. I do not consider this poll binding. Only if there is a large margin in favor will I give the instructions to sign this alliance, though I do think it would be a very prudent step.

What do you mean by "raise the price of a Russian/Babylonian alliance against us."?...

EDIT: n/m, I see what you mean. :)

I voted YES.

So, this is an Informational Quick Poll then Eyrei? ;)

I refuse to even abstain in a poll that is clearly against our Code of Standards - and thus makes a mockery of our Three Books.

Why is it that this cannot be an informational poll?

If you're going to use this as an informational poll Eyrei, you should label it as such. Otherwise, there's no problem.

Are there any objections to this alliance since it will now prolong the war with the Persians (though I see no reason to end this war anytime soon) for 3 turns longer than current alliances hold us to?

If not, I am going to issue instructions to sign this deal on turn 1.

I do not object to the alliance, in fact I think we should add an RoP into the deal.

I still didn't vote in this illegal quick poll though. :D

Originally posted by donsig
I do not object to the alliance, in fact I think we should add an RoP into the deal.

I still didn't vote in this illegal quick poll though. :D

There has been a lot of opposition to RoPs in the past, so I did not add that in. It would get their troops through our territory faster, however.

Top Bottom