Quick Question About Air Superiority

Yosemite

Yer Brain on Sean Connery
Quick question about air superiority:
Does ordering your fighter to control the skies only work when it is your terrain or units that they are guarding?

For example, if the Ottomans and the Arabians were bordering each other and at war and my territory was nowhere near them, could I declare war on the Arabians, build an airfield in a neutral tile on their border and shoot down Arabian planes that tried to bomb Ottoman targets? Or will my planes only intercept the enemy if my units or my territory is the target?

I have no hard evidence for this; I think they will only take down bombers that directly target your units.

I go by the belief that the air superiority mission only takes effect on the one tile that the airplane conducting air superiority missions is on. I think I am correct in this belief or does it rollover to the surrounding squares, and if so, how many surrounding squares?

I agree with trooper that you cannot protect another civ with your air superiority missions, id say bomb the attacking civ away to help the ottomans.

AskReeves15 said:
I go by the belief that the air superiority mission only takes effect on the one tile that the airplane conducting air superiority missions is on. I think I am correct in this belief or does it rollover to the surrounding squares, and if so, how many surrounding squares?

I agree with trooper that you cannot protect another civ with your air superiority missions, id say bomb the attacking civ away to help the ottomans.

Air superiority cover some of the squares around it. I'm not sure how many though.

I'm pretty sure that Air Superiority tries to shoot down all planes that are enemy to you, regardless of nationality.

And it is half of it's operational range for the shooting down radius.

Top Bottom