Quick question about the Celtic bonus

I was wondering what was considered an improvement, too.

Celt's Druidic Lore isn't meant to be used for lots of faith forever. The point is to ensure they get first pick of all beliefs. No other civ can start the game gaining faith from turn 1, ensuring first Pantheon even on higher difficulties. Their unit produces faith on kill too, so you should have first Religion and first Enhanced Religion. This first pick can be very important.

After that, the faith from forests and kills isn't as important, but the Celts still have an amazing building to use, so they've always got pretty nice bonuses. Feel free to upgrade forests later on if you need to.

You only need 3 tiles of forest to gain the +2 faith bonus, and 1 tile to gain the +1 bonus, I'm pretty sure you can mix-match the route, sometimes you could just spend an additional piece of gold for an additional tile of road.

You could always experiment and see if ti does anything.

Celt's Druidic Lore isn't meant to be used for lots of faith forever. The point is to ensure they get first pick of all beliefs. No other civ can start the game gaining faith from turn 1, ensuring first Pantheon even on higher difficulties. Their unit produces faith on kill too, so you should have first Religion and first Enhanced Religion. This first pick can be very important.

After that, the faith from forests and kills isn't as important, but the Celts still have an amazing building to use, so they've always got pretty nice bonuses. Feel free to upgrade forests later on if you need to.
Thanks, I'm mainly spreading religion for "just war" bonus anyway.

Confirming, I just steamrolled an emperor game last night as Boudicca, roads do not count as an improvement. And the constant faith bonus isn't important late game. It's mostly to ensure a turn 5 or 10 pantheon. The real power is in Pictish warrior. Holy hell they are killers. Recommend all celts play Ics style and rush bronze working!

Confirming, I just steamrolled an emperor game last night as Boudicca, roads do not count as an improvement. And the constant faith bonus isn't important late game. It's mostly to ensure a turn 5 or 10 pantheon. The real power is in Pictish warrior. Holy hell they are killers. Recommend all celts play Ics style and rush bronze working!

Infinite City Spam works stupidly well again in Gods & Kings because of religion. Unlike culture, it doesn't take a penalty for city number. Unlike science, buildings rather than population matter. This means covering the landscape in cities builds the most faith, and with Ceremonial Burials and Asceticism, you don't even have to worry about doing this.

Just a slight correction, you can't enhance your religion with the Celts as fast as Pacal can by taking a Prophet from his UA.

I never thought of doing that. I like to settle my GEs, the production provided from manufactories over the whole game is really nice. I was taking a Prophet first to enhance my religion, and then a GE, GS, GM, GA and settling each one.

Top Bottom