1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick question on difficulty level

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by WickedWombat, Jun 1, 2003.

1. WickedWombat

WickedWombat Rodent Without A Clue

I know that this is probably a silly question, but it's driving me nuts.

:crazyeye:

Does the AI become more aggressive on higher difficulty levels?

2. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

yes I think it does:)

3. WickedWombat

WickedWombat Rodent Without A Clue

Thanks Yoda, I knew that it was a general question. Let me provide a few more details.

Right now I am playing emperor level as the americans. I am on a pretty substantial landmass in the north with the egyptians in the south. Even though my military advisor claims that I am stronger than they are, they send a stack of warriors to take me on. :confused:

Does relative strength of civs have less bearing at higher difficulty levels?

4. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

The AI gets bonuses on higher levels, like increased production, and more units to start off with. So, it starts to get a little bold.

5. Vandervekken

Vandervekken Chieftain

My understanding is that the AI is simply programmed to be more hostile on higher levels.

They get to build units faster, and tend to get more angry with you, when you deal with them, AS WELL
    :crazyeye:

6. superslug

superslug Still hatin' on Khan Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

The sheer individual fact of the AI production bonus they get complicates things for the human player on higher levels, especially deity. Since the improve faster, they research and trade techs faster, causing you too look backward. They also produce military faster, making you look weaker. They also produce culture faster, making you look bland. All in all, you start to look like a microwave burrito in need of some heat...

7. Brewster

Brewster stays crunchy in milk

Mmmmmmmm... Burritos. :D

Good point superslug. I stopped playing at the lower levels because of this very point. I would start a new game hoping the AI would be stronger and put up more of a fight. As I progressed, this very thing happened.

Now this frozen burrito is off to spoonfeed the AI some humble pie.