Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by joncnunn, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Sequitor

Sequitor Chieftain

F10 gives you the trade route overview.

2. Nitrius

Nitrius Chieftain

It's still at the top, when you click the city name, indicated by 2/2 or 2/3 and so forth. And of course as mentioned above the trade route overview gives you a bit more info about it all.

3. Oddible

Oddible signal / noise > 1

Thanks, I see that it is the top ONLY in the city view rather than also in the full map view like in CivV.

The Trade Overview screen doesn't show any information at all about how many you have available, it only gives you information about existing trade routes - poor UI choices here. Finding a lot of missing UI elements that were in CivV but not in BE.

4. Oddible

Oddible signal / noise > 1

New question: How do you select air units in a city??? They used to be icons that floated top left of the city name in CivV but in CivBE I only seem to be able to select them from the F3 units screen. Any other options here? I don't even see anything about air units in a city when I go into the city screen, they just disappear. I'm talking about units like the Tacjet, not satellites.

The worst of it is, the F3 units screen doesn't even tell you where the unit is so if you have a bunch of Tacjets, you have to click through all of them until you find the one in the city you're looking for : /

5. mnf

mnf King

Above the city banner, discreetly sitting right on top of the city strength number, is a small white number with transparent background designating how many air units are stationed in the city. Clicking on that number will bring out a menu listing the air units.

6. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I bought the DVD version thru pre order and was told that once I set up Steam (which I did) that afterwards I could load the game without going thru steam every time.

How do I do this?

Thanks
    JosEPh

7. m15a

m15a Emperor

I haven't bought a DVD version of a Steam game, so I might be wrong, but I think you always have to run the Steam client program, either directly by opening the Steam program or indirectly by double-clicking the game icon (and then Steam opens automatically). What you might be thinking about is that you can run games through Steam in offline mode, meaning you don't have to go through the Steam servers.

8. pwoz

pwoz Chieftain

Does anyone know how long it takes for a station to disappear if they do not get a trade route?

9. Jacozilla

Jacozilla Warlord

iirc ~45 turns. Or you can just destroy it, esp early game where like 3 marines is what I only need to take out a station very easily. 2 marines if I'm lucky.

10. Jacozilla

Jacozilla Warlord

edit - doh, never mind. I see it's a health symbol and not purity affinity. Darn my eyes. I blame the UI for messing up my eyes :)

---------
    What does an affinity maintenance mean? Under petroleum well for instance, it says in addition to the energy for maintenance, one purity.

Does this mean I lose 1 purity affinity level per petroleum well I build? Or just 1 measly 1/XX progress towards the next affinity level?

Last, if I have 0 purity, and 0/11 progress towards first level of purity, does this mean you can't build any item that takes that for maintenance?

11. IsildursHeir

IsildursHeir Chieftain

Click on the city to enter the City Screen. Just above the name and slightly to the right you will see an 'Edit' button. The word 'Edit' looks like its greyed out and tough to see.

12. IsildursHeir

IsildursHeir Chieftain

Click the 'eye' icon just to the left of the mini-map, then choose Trade Routes.

13. IsildursHeir

IsildursHeir Chieftain

I was wondering about that also. I couldn't find a Diplomacy screen like Civ V had. :(

The only way I figured out was to enter Deal negotiations with a leader, and under the "Make Peace with" section, if you rest your mouse on the individual other civs, the tool tip tells you.

14. beyondmiasma

beyondmiasma Chieftain

Are these bugs?
    I cannot get Tacjets to fly or attack, just won't do anything.
    Cannot purchase units in the city screen, even though I have the funds (energy) to afford them?

How do you prevent a coup'de'tat? Just lost main city had no idea this could happen:(

15. mnf

mnf King

Tacjets: they can only be ordered to "Strike" a specific tile within their striking radius, or be ordered to Rebase (their maximum rebase distance is very short and each city can only have 3 air units), or be order to Intercept, or do AIr Sweep (clear the region of enemy interceptions). Select them and use the unit actions.

Coup'de'tat: build the Spy Agency and go into the Covert Ops panel (button at bottom right corder). Assign Homeland Security project (gives overriding bonus to defending against foreign agents), you'll start with 3 recruits. Assign recruits to agents that have colored boxes (called the city's intrigue level) under the city banner button while you have the Covert Ops panel opened. As long as you keep this intrigue level low by station an agent there, enemies will be unable to do the more advanced operations like the Cou'de'tat.

Spy Agency is opened up via the Computing tech, a second-tier tech right below the initial Habitation tech that you start the game with.

16. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

Whaaaaaaaaat? Can that happen? What the hell...

17. beyondmiasma

beyondmiasma Chieftain

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Covert_Operations_(CivBE)

QUOTE=Mustakrakish;13523107]Whaaaaaaaaat? Can that happen? What the hell...[/QUOTE]

Yes, just going along nicely turn 326, next thing my main city and area becomes purple, with a pop up-

"Pan Asians have taken your city Freeland in a coup'de"tat" -I never saw that coming, sneaky devils:)
    I found the above link to learn more.

18. householder

householder Lord of the Fleas

This is probably a silly question, with an answer so obvious I will kick myself, but I can not locate a unit. It is an explorer who has been healing for many many turns. I probably parked him in miasma, but I have no idea where.

I can't find him by cycling through units since he already has orders (fortify until healed.) And I can't find him via the military summary screen, even when clicking or double-clicking on his listing.

What am I doing wrong?

19. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Might he be hidden behind a city banner? Try zooming in all the way and check each city.

20. rantzzz

rantzzz Chieftain

Besides gaining affinity levels thru teching, how do we increase the XP level of the affinity?

Also I'm still confused about which affinity unlocks which unit. Is there a chart somewhere? Can someone point me in the right direction