Quick Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by joncnunn, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Muffinn

Muffinn Chieftain

Has anyone else had an issue with an AI approaching you with a deal requesting, say, energy in exchange for favors but then saying it's unacceptable when you accept their proposal? It's been happening to me quite a lot - I'm not the one making the proposal, THEY are and then when I agree, it's suddenly not good enough? WTH :/

2. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

Does anyone know the first technology that gives you +1 food from farms on river tiles? ie Civil Service.

I know there is a tech that gives you +1 food on farms but your city needs to be built by the sea.

3. ggmoyang

ggmoyang King

There's no fresh water bonus in BE.

Vertical Farming grants +1f +1e to all farms.

4. mnf

mnf King

It's probably to do with the threaded nature of the game. It happens sometimes on my computer as well, but not often enough (I think slow) to bother me.

You cannot raze a faction's original capital, but you can raze the other cities. No limit growth option, must micromanage citizens, although when you get over -10 health, the city governor will automatically reallocate citizens to go minimum food.

No OCC, but is there anything to prevent you from playing OCC? Maybe it's inherently allowed? I've never built enough units to reach a maximum supported number.

This was in Civ V as well. Nothing we can do about it.

The idea of irrigation exists in CivBE system but is not used for food. Rivers are only there for energy bonus.
    The following techs affect food output:
    • Vertical Farming: +1f1e to all farms
    • Photosystems: +1f to all plantations
    While there are ways to code for coastal land yields and fresh water yields, there isn't any improvement in the current game that makes use of this configuration. There are, however, other "perks" that you can gain from wonders and quests that modify food yield:
    • Quest: Vivarium +1f
    • Quest: Recycler +1f
    • Quest: Water Refinery +1f
    • Quest: Biofactory +1f
    • Quest: Mass Digesters +1f
    • Quest: Xeno Sanctuary +2f
    • Quest: Civil Creche +5% food
    • Quest: Nanopasture +10% food
    • Quest: Augmentaries +5% food
    • Affinity Quest: Work Barge +1f
    • Genetic Design: allows the Ectogenesis wonder that adds 1f to all farms

5. Question

Question King

Hotkeys not responding occur 100% of the time for me though. Its eally annoying....

6. rantzzz

rantzzz Chieftain

What key or option do I press to enable map to show icons of special resources like titanium, petrol, etc?

I enabled "Show yield when selecting civilian unit" but that only shows all normal resources

I've seen screenies whereby even the special resources are shown on screen

7. mnf

mnf King

Shift-R, Shift-G, Shift-Y
    You might also be interested in Shift-O and slash (/)

8. rantzzz

rantzzz Chieftain

How do I grow City borders quickly...?

Also, to get special resource like titanium, the tile has to be within my border and I need to have a civilian on it?

9. rantzzz

rantzzz Chieftain

How does food come into play?

I don't see any food value that indicates it stunts pop growth or aids pop growth
    Just see a number food value that's all

10. mnf

mnf King

Each city has a population. Each population can "work" a tile within a 3 tile radius of the city (city, city+1, city+2, city+3). "Working a tile" means in the city view, there is a citizen residing on that tile, and the city will get the yields of that worked tile (food, production, energy).

Special resources just have to be within your borders, so that your workers can build improvements on them.

Each city has a food storage. Each turn, food income to the city (from worked tiles, from buildings, from trade routes) gets dumped into that storage. When that storage is full, the city grows by 1 population. Then the storage is cleared and overflow put back in, and then it needs to accumulate slightly more food this time to grow the city for another population. The higher the city's existing population is, the more food you need to accumulate to grow the next population.

With virtues and buildings, you can make a city retain a percentage of food in the storage when it grows. There are also virtues that increase a city's growth rate.

A city's borders need culture yields to grow. Border growth work the same way as population growth, the difference being that it uses culture yields instead of food yields. You can also buy border (go into the city screen for that) with energy, although that is not recommended at early game.

11. rantzzz

rantzzz Chieftain

I see, but where is this so called food storage and culture border storage indicator? Is it in the economic overview? I can't find it in there though

12. mnf

mnf King

It's in the city screen along the top. It'll say X turns to city growth and X turns to border expansion.

13. LordBaal

LordBaal Sistem Lord

Hi! Testing my account.

I quite don't get the orbital plane or how to control the first landing site. Any guides useful for that?

Also, do anyone knows when a stack mod would be available? (is anyone working on it)

14. Wolfbeckett

Wolfbeckett Jerkin' and nonsense.

Quick question, does units leveling up (from combat, not their Affinity levels) actually do anything? Last night I had units leveling up several times and every time the only option I would get is "heal 50%" or "combat strength +10%". I took the combat strength one several times but the displayed numbers never went up, and next time that unit leveled, it was the same option again. Is this system broken or am I missing something?

15. Question

Question King

Does anyone know why you can sometimes not assign agents to a city, even though it is fully in view?

I had an agent in PAC's capital, which got coup de tat by brazil. For some reason i cannot re-assign my agent back to the city even though i had one there before....

Units do get the 10% bonus, mouse over the unit picture in the lower left.

16. Wolfbeckett

Wolfbeckett Jerkin' and nonsense.

I did that, it showed the buffs they had from their affinity levels and nothing else.

17. mnf

mnf King

Use the mouse to click on the little eye located in the top-left corner of the mini-map. The mini-map is sitting on the top-right corner of your game screen. Show the resources and yields and the grid, to help you decide where to land.

As the game has only launched for less than a week, there's probably few guides available. But you could look in the Strategy forum.

I suggest just pick a place to land and dive right into the game. It's more fun that way and you can't make really intelligent choices until you are familiar with many of the un-obvious aspects of the game.

They take effect when calculating actual combat results. The promotion system is lack-luster.

Mouse over their portrait and you should see all the Veterancy promotions you have applied to that unit.

18. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

How do you do an orbital barrage?
    From a Rocket Launcher?
    From a City?
    Is there a range indicator somewhere?
    How do I know if an enemy has a Satellite that can be barraged?
    Do they take hit points like any other unit or does it take one shot, pass or fail?
    Do I have to be at war to do it?

19. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

In one of the stories I was awarded an Alien unit.

Does this work exactly the same as any other unit I have?
    Will the Aliens be just as likely to attack if they are Yellow or Red?
    If I attack the Aliens with it do they react the same?

Can any of the Aliens actually embark? Both times I recieved an Alien I was on an Island that I didn't want to populate.

Is it possible to easily mod these to act like the old pirate ships that could attack other players without declaring war?

20. Resipsa

Resipsa King

Dumb question: how do city connections work, is it no fog between cities?