Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

You don´t get eventual eurekas either, like "Build a niter mine".

2. anandus

anandus Errorist

How can you easily find luxuries that you don't already have?
    Searching for "luxury resource" with the filter "owned" also shows luxuries which you already have (but are outside your borders).
    What's the filter word I need to use?

3. Mango201

Mango201 Chieftain

What happens if I've levied an army and then a few turns later I lose my Suzerain status. Do I lose control of the Levied army?

4. rover6695

rover6695 Prince

What's the best way to ensure you get a golden era?

5. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

I need to move an AI unit off a tile so I can drop a great person in the district. The AI is my ally. But, can't see any way to say, "please move".

6. anandus

anandus Errorist

If you want to time a golden age, hold off on your civ uniques (unit/building/disctrict) and build them when you need the extra era points.

7. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

You lose control of the levied army, yes.

Well, just check the list. There are some which are easier to "save" than others. Except for your uniques which give quite a few points we have: Creating the first district of its kind which is at least +3 adjacency. First ship you build. Circumnavigate. Buy a Great Person if cheap enough. Build first unit which uses a new strategic resource. Build wonders.

That´s just unfortunate.

8. aenima

aenima Chieftain

I'm discovering civ vi slowly, and i'm a bit disappointed by religion. I took too much time to have one, so a foreign religion was propagated to my cities (with missionaries), and second fault, i create religion before being able to have missionnaries. The result is that all my towns are under foreign religion (even my holy city) so i can't have missionaries, apostles, inquisitors etc from my religion. I tried to put the governor with the promotion to stop propagation of foreign religion but it doesn't help against missionnaries. After thinking about this issue, maybe i should put builder, selter around my holy city to avoid missionnaries to be close enough and so to propagate their religion and hoping that my religion will take the lead (i know it will be long long). The last solution is to stay in war with this civ and destroy her religious units (that make the influence of their religion decrease in the same time).

Is there an other way?

9. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

First. Wait with Great Prophet to found religion until you have some faith. The Holy Site converts to your new religion. Then buy some missionaries and put them close to the holy site (and they get a defense bonus against Apostles). If they swarm you, declare war and condemn them with your military units.

Earlier you could build the Mahabodi Temple for 2 Apostles of your founded religion.

10. aenima

aenima Chieftain

Oh yes, i know i have done a mistake when founding my religion, so it is done. I had enough faith for missionnaries ... but not the building (autel ...), so my holy city was converted to an other religion (by missionaries) during the autel building ... Now the state is that i have my religion but none of my cities is converted to my religion.So how to try to increase the influence of my religion in order to have one city converted to it and so propagate it?
    Thanks for the second tip, the Mahabodi Temple can be a solution, i have to check if it hasn't been already built (i guess it's a wonder ;) ).
    It's not vital for my game, but since i'm discovering civ vi, i like to know if it's possible or not ;)

11. smvalentine

smvalentine Warlord Supporter

This would not have worked. In VI religious units now exist on their own plane and can pass through regular units (and vice-versa).

12. aenima

aenima Chieftain

you mean that a foreign religious unit can stop on a tile where your own civil unit (builder, settler, GP) is?

13. smvalentine

smvalentine Warlord Supporter

Yes. This was part of an early patch because the AI would often send swarms of missionaries to just stand around and get in the way.

14. aenima

aenima Chieftain

ok thanks, well for my game, i finally choose the war path, it will be ancient history soon :D

15. ck07

ck07 Mud Mover

I apologize if answered before: Do Apostles--without promotion--do better than Missionaries at converting people in cities with other religions?

16. ck07

ck07 Mud Mover

Another apology because surely asked before: I'm running Civ 6 vanilla plus some mods from a SSD, i5-4690K @ 3.50, 32 GB RAM, Radeon 260 or 270 (I forget). Windows 7. Loading a saved game is slow, ~90 s in mid-game. Turn end is not too bad but by mid-game I get occasional stutters in unit movement. What can I do short of changing hardware. Thanks.

17. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Your bottleneck is likely your GPU. Best you could probably do is to make sure your graphics drivers are up to date and lower your graphics settings. I also have a 4690k, but I've o/c it to 4.5GHz, which might help your performance some as well.

18. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

I think religious strength is used both for fighting and converting, so yes.

19. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Any news about the upcoming surprises firaxis talked about. Or could we wait about another 2 months till next update

20. shaky

shaky Chieftain

Are certain civs weighted to appear as AI civs more or less often than others? I've put over 1000 hours into the game since picking it up last year, a mix of standard and large maps, and I'm pretty sure I've only encountered Chandragupta about 3 or 4 times. I'd actually forgotten he was even in the game until I was scrolling through the civ select list the other day. Every other leader seems to pop up fairly regularly. Is that by design or just random variance?